sold granite what next?

12 hours ago, larry.laffer said:

sold me granite the other day, still hauling but gunna get a new rig.  wondered what your choice is?

lawrence

If your buying new ! go where your service is going to be the best Most all makes are created equal ! All cheap wire all cheap sensors JUNK  the base vehicle will be comparable! BUY lots of warranty  you'll need it!

My opinion

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fjh said:

If your buying new ! go where your service is going to be the best Most all makes are created equal ! All cheap wire all cheap sensors JUNK  the base vehicle will be comparable! BUY lots of warranty  you'll need it!

My opinion

Best advice right here.  Any new truck, get the 7 year extended warranty and get yourself on a 5 or 6 year trade/sell cycle, because year 6 will make you hate life, LOL

On 5/15/2021 at 3:03 AM, wiserfrombud said:

I dont chime in here very often but will offer a positive oppinion on the 'new Mack truck's' as oppossd to the typical 'anything new is junk' view.  

In July of 2014 some of you may recall I placed an order on a 2016 Mack CXU 505c+, Eaton 13 speed, Mack S38 rears.   The truck now has 1.1 million km on it (just shy of 700,000 miles)  This thing has been nothing short of fantastic.   The truck has given me superior service and cost of ownership in comparison to my two previous PACCAR trucks that I purchased new (2005 379 pete/C15 Cat and a 2010 KW T660/ISX).   

I did end up doing the problematic injector swap at around the 600,000 km mark and that set is still going strong.  That aside I have only had routine maintenance.  I changed the boost sensor a few months ago just to keep fuel mileage optimal but aside from that I have not had a single sensor fail on the truck.  I change the 7th injector annually and have had no emmisions problems either.  The truck is like clock work and is just a day after day work horse. It has a lifetime average of 7.31 US MPG running 80,000 lbs up and down the I 15 corridor.   I am so happy with it.  

I plan on keeping this truck for the forseeable future since it has just been so good but if I had to replace it tommorow, for certain it would be another MACK.  

Gotta love that reply wiserfrombud, all we ever read about are how crappy new trucks are, I  dont have one as I dont have the use, however if it was my job, day in, day out I wouldn't hesitate in buying a new Mack

So Mr Wiser from Bud, do you know what Budlight actually means ?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=246805740254746

Hope the link works, gave me a chuckle

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, wiserfrombud said:

I dont chime in here very often but will offer a positive oppinion on the 'new Mack truck's' as oppossd to the typical 'anything new is junk' view.  

In July of 2014 some of you may recall I placed an order on a 2016 Mack CXU 505c+, Eaton 13 speed, Mack S38 rears.   The truck now has 1.1 million km on it (just shy of 700,000 miles)  This thing has been nothing short of fantastic.   The truck has given me superior service and cost of ownership in comparison to my two previous PACCAR trucks that I purchased new (2005 379 pete/C15 Cat and a 2010 KW T660/ISX).   

I did end up doing the problematic injector swap at around the 600,000 km mark and that set is still going strong.  That aside I have only had routine maintenance.  I changed the boost sensor a few months ago just to keep fuel mileage optimal but aside from that I have not had a single sensor fail on the truck.  I change the 7th injector annually and have had no emmisions problems either.  The truck is like clock work and is just a day after day work horse. It has a lifetime average of 7.31 US MPG running 80,000 lbs up and down the I 15 corridor.   I am so happy with it.  

I plan on keeping this truck for the forseeable future since it has just been so good but if I had to replace it tommorow, for certain it would be another MACK.  

You must live in a dri climate or your blessed! That said in my opinion there is no one manufacturer better than the next the vehicles are built with one thing in mind sell parts after the sale ! For the most part go where you’re going to get the best service! If you drive a Pete and the dealer network is good where you travel that’s what to buy! If you want Mack and the dealer network is good buy one.

just sayin