Overheating

Danny952

yes, does the fan come on when needed? is the radiator free of dirt? is the system full of coolant and not water? is your gear selection correct? and so on.... is there a stuck brake?  get my point?   Please post more info about the truck and how you work it.  One of us or many of us will get you the answer... Jojo

you can always replace the thermostat, and put fresh coolant in too start with after a good visual inspection of all coolant lines and "cores" if you have a bunk, check it... is the fan belt loose? did you turn the heat on high to see if the temp dropped? what was the recent repair history?????  anyway, i'm puking out a bunch of Q's .... Jojo

ok... well.. you dont know the truck yet, ok. I suggest a thorough visual inspection, "By You" and get familiar with your new truck before you spend money on repairs yet. You may find a pinched hose or a leak or something silly to cause issues. then go "up" from there.  There will be several people here that can advise you. Keep posting... Jojo

I found the problem.  It is the fan clutch. I thought it was locked on all the time but I test drove it n it kicked out n the clutch is so worn I almost put the fan through the radiator. Apparently it was kicking out every now and then n when it did kick on it was slipping 

• Like 1