DM Quad Axle Hauling 40 tons

Snowdog.....did you look into SPIF'ing it? Looks like you have enough wheelbase. The prices to convert seem to have come down from what I had originally been hearing. My friend is getting his Paystar 5600i done for 14 grand minus the rims and tires.

Those Mack CL tandem dump trucks I posted pics of in the mine I work at have been scaling 72,000 KG this week (158732.83 pounds)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Maybe I could register my RD with St. Louis plates so I could haul a real load , LOL

In Ontario, Canada my tri-axle is only legal to haul 13.6 metric Tonne or 14.9 tons your money . Jan 01 of this year I am not allowed to use my lift axle. If my truck was a 2005 or newer I would be allowed to with a permit. But because of the age of my truck I can't get the permit. The people that make these rules sure do annoy me . :angry:

548591597_Image3.thumb.jpg.0a4902773350e96033262d2ba1127e48.jpg 

I have seen a few Canadian trucks down in St. Louis. You have a beautiful truck!

98B01B2D-D05C-4A92-93D3-0857583E54D8.jpeg

F3D3A761-443D-493F-8519-078A5F630975.jpeg

10DE1280-C3A2-4180-92A3-FC0A7A4F46EE.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Snowdog.....did you look into SPIF'ing it? Looks like you have enough wheelbase. The prices to convert seem to have come down from what I had originally been hearing. My friend is getting his Paystar 5600i done for 14 grand minus the rims and tires.

Those Mack CL tandem dump trucks I posted pics of in the mine I work at have been scaling 72,000 KG this week (158732.83 pounds)

I have friends that are changing their trucks. I just can't do it though. Seems wrong to change something that has worked well for the last 36 years. I will just haul my small loads for now........  Then maybe I will get smart and get a proper job, lol 

• Like 1

Keith 

Well Keith,  if your MTO guys down your way are as dumb as mine all you'd have to do is get someone to make you some fake SPIF decals to put in your door jams because every time I've been inspected I had to explain to them how it works because they had no clue.

I always laughed when getting inspected empty and they say "OK, drop your lift axle" and I'd reply "sure, do you have 4500 KG's to put in the dump box?" LOL

Then they'd just look at you dumbfounded. LOL

• Like 1