Tranny Q

Gravelguy413

If it were me I'd swap to a T2090 which is a slip fit, (IIRC) if the driveline is the same.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

12 speed is a fine transmission and yes it will slide in there. I can't answer if your existing mounts will work as I've never actually done this transition myself. The 12 speed will have five reverse gears and it has a wide variety of pto speeds if operating say a pump. In tailgating, not really a lot of difference from anything else once you find the gear to set road speed as needed.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 months later...

You have to use a rear mount pto on a 12 speed if you want to run out, my experience with 12 speed side mount pto’s are, you need to have the main box in 4th gear to get the body to raise at an acceptable speed, hence 4th gear is much too high to move the dumpster while raising. The 12 is a very versatile and bullet proof gearbox that will work in harmony with all Mack engines, even the Superliner E9 500 which Im restoring ATM.  I have done many millions of kilometres in 12 speeds since they were introduced, at times pulling over 100 tons in outback Australia and they NEVER let me down. I also regularly pulled a 100 ton with a 6 speed 237 on 4.17s before the 12 speed came out. 

I’m presently looking for a rear mount pto ( maybe 2 ) for my Valueliner and CH 12 speed tippers. Even part numbers may help.

cheers Steve