Australian ETEC CCRS 470 turbo spooling 20 psi

Hi guys, 

my 470 CX Vision won’t go past 20 Psi on boost, I pressure tested the system and found a leaking waste gate and hoses so replaced these items as well as Orings on one EUP that was leaking and changed these......anyway all of this made no difference...any ideas? 

Thanks   

Well turbo motors dont make boost for only a couple of reasons

Lack of fuel or lack of air

Does it blow black smoke when its trying to make boost ? If so your lacking air

If theres no smoke then I would say a lack of fuel

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul

4 hours ago, Elitedownunder said:

No, she’s not rollin coal or any smoke and replaced all injectors but haven’t checked fuel pressure at EUPs. 

Thats your next step then ! Check the fuel pressure under load! Should have at least 60 psi! After that you need to look into wiring  The torque limit switch on the trans  will hold back approx 15 psi boost if the switch or wiring is  shorted  and will not throw a code as the computer doesnt know there is anything wrong  it just thinks its in low range!

Edited by fjh

Has the boost sensor been replaced recently? Is the waste gate dumping to soon?  along with what "F" is saying, I made a repair years ago that stumped several of my co-workers... I found a new boost sensor was installed.  I recorded the part number,, then went to a chart for boost sensors that were available for that engine. The sensor that was in the engine, had a voltage rang that was 1.5 volts different from the correct sensor, therefore the operating range of the sensor was wrong. It caused the wastegate to open too soon. When I drove the truck, it was like someone cut the fuel off, the truck would pull hard, then lay down at around 1600 rpm... with the correct sensor, it pulled like a "Big Dog". I know it's a long shot, but it happened.... Jojo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Has the boost sensor been replaced recently? Is the waste gate dumping to soon?  along with what "F" is saying, I made a repair years ago that stumped several of my co-workers... I found a new boost sensor was installed.  I recorded the part number,, then went to a chart for boost sensors that were available for that engine. The sensor that was in the engine, had a voltage rang that was 1.5 volts different from the correct sensor, therefore the operating range of the sensor was wrong. It caused the wastegate to open too soon. When I drove the truck, it was like someone cut the fuel off, the truck would pull hard, then lay down at around 1600 rpm... with the correct sensor, it pulled like a "Big Dog". I know it's a long shot, but it happened.... Jojo. 

Yup for sure another place to look! For sure! Bogus sensor or even malfunctioning gauge!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...