Clutch brake question

MACKS

50 minutes ago, fjh said:

I've seen those used before I have no experience with them though  Let us know how it goes! I would use it on the front side as yours looks quite worn!

Won't get to this till next week,I will definitely report back,should work if it stays on the shaft..

So I installed the disc today, cut like they recommended 1.5 on the inside and 2" on the outside kinda of a bitch to get it on the shaft but once it snapped in place all was good,did a minor adjustment internally and it works perfect,I can't see it coming off so it should be a long term fix,time will tell..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

I remember when the clutch brake was made up with two of those fiber disc and a metal disc with two tangs on the inside and the metal disc was in the middle of the fiber.If the flywheel was ground too much you used three of the fiber.

Yup there used to take up space for what ever reason the bearing won't hit the brake,they come in different thickness..

I agree about using the torch to cut the clutch brake out.. definately air chisel the bulk of the clutch brake... when you get to the center lock ring.....which will be the only piece left.... if you are good with a HOT torch... you can burn through it quickly, then barr the engine 180 degrees, and hit it again....just be quick and HOT... i have done many of these without melting the input seal....Go Bulldog!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used 2 or 3 9/16" bolts and cut the threaded portion of the bolt in the center. Then I would use an 1/2" extension and slide bolt into the inspection cover then onto the clutch brake. I would use my impact gun to spin off the clutch brake. No torch or air hammer. Usually 2 bolts would do the trick.

Bolt.png

• Like 1