Just signed up!

Goodman Farms

Hello, I signed up because I am buying a 1988 Superliner and will no doubt be looking for some advice down the road. This will be my first Mack. My dad has a 1929 AK and a BM and BQ still that I grew up around but this is a whole different animal. I enjoy old tractors and farming and have a young family that keeps me busy and very happy. Take care, Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Here’s some more pictures.

I sent the VIN off to the Mack Museum and will share the results when I hear back. When the weather gets better I will load up some batteries, look it over really good and then try and start it. Most of the videos I’ve watched on YouTube of these have the E9 mated to a 12 speed. This is a 10, does anyone else have that on here. Please share the plus’s and minuses. I’m just interested, I won’t be putting this one back to full time service so I’m my case I’ll be happy with what I have. Unless of course it’s geared really low for some reason. Thanks for looking, MG.

1E5FA3BE-45B1-4079-926A-9345520AF6FB.jpeg

30E53343-D4E8-4F81-9BDD-E97A6B00DEE0.jpeg

1CD2B8D8-F404-457B-9408-D8DD750F03DD.jpeg

• Like 2

Unless you plan on doing heavy haul with it the amount of gears shouldn't make that much of a difference. Can’t wait to see more on this truck, and I wouldn’t mind if you added to that ever expanding lists of videos of old trucks getting going for the first time in a long time...

Edited by CaptainCrutch
  • Thanks 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

I will take video of as much as I can. I’ve come really close to getting a GoPro to start documenting my projects and sharing them. My stuff isn’t elaborate or over the top so I never thought it was worthwhile sharing. But the more I look around YouTube and see what’s out there the more I’m tempted to start a channel. If nothing else it will be fun to watch years from now. So..... stay tuned? MG

211F5CEE-E761-4481-84C5-4E91F14AD368.jpeg

E7EC2364-18F0-43A9-A3CF-DE0DC7823FDB.jpeg

• Like 2