91 to 93 Superliners

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

So it would have cruise control then nice

Don't think that electronics back then were that advanced on the E7's to support cruise control. There was no electronics on the E9 that was in those year Superliners or after that in the US.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:54 PM, AZB755V8 said:

Don't think that electronics back then were that advanced on the E7's to support cruise control. There was no electronics on the E9 that was in those year Superliners or after that in the US.

Cruise control was available on 1991 E7's. We purchased several CH613's with Cruise control.  This was the one that I drove back then.

1991 Mack CH613.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry T said:

Cruise control was available on 1991 E7's. We purchased several CH613's with Cruise control.  This was the one that I drove back then.

This post started with Superliners but got to Cruise control on other models. Out of my wheelhouse on the newer stuff.

Learn something new everyday and I'll go with it.  So how far back did cruise control go with Mack engines? 

1 hour ago, terry said:

how far back you want to go, pull the ole throttle cable out and go!! 😂😂    terry:MackLogo:

Alway knew and the throttle lock works for setting a constant RPM at a job sight to run the PTO or warm up the engine in the mornings. 

Using the throttle lock as a Cruise Control is just Dangerous and Stupid to use it that way. Thought we were on the Electronic Cruise Control topic???

6 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Alway knew and the throttle lock works for setting a constant RPM at a job sight to run the PTO or warm up the engine in the mornings. 

Using the throttle lock as a Cruise Control is just Dangerous and Stupid to use it that way. Thought we were on the Electronic Cruise Control topic???

Guess we all did stupid and dangerous things once in our life. We're not all perfect!    terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1