Never did drive a CL series. Plenty of CH-600 series though and always like them except the instrument panel. I think the newer, (2003 and up?) look a lot nicer.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I liked and drove both style dash. The nice thing about the early original CH/CL dash was it was real wood grain. Not the fake plastic every other truck now is.

That original CL Elite red velour interior was one of my favorites.

This was what my 2000 CH had.

ch3.jpg

That is nicer than any I drove or worked on. The ones I've seen were very "spartan" and solid matte black and gray color. Pretty cheap looking instrument panel too. Maybe they were older. It's been a few years since I've seen the inside of one.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I liked the updated version of this dash that came later. It had chrome ringed gauges and they were flush with the wood grain.

See how mine are inset? And this truck was bought off the lot so I didn't get the Co-Pilot display which would have been nice.

I did add an air filter restriction gauge though by the parking brake valves. I was hauling wood chips at the time.

Here is a link to a truck with the dash and center portion I do not find attractive. It is functional however:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-MACK-CH613-TANDEM-AXLE-DAY-CAB-MACK-TRUCK-road-tractor/264341922871?hash=item3d8c01a437:g:tPUAAOSwkPZc7pTH

I could live with the dash layout you had. I remember the last CH I installed a hood, door, and repaired the cowl being something ABF would be interested in when new. Very cleap looking to me.

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I liked and drove both style dash. The nice thing about the early original CH/CL dash was it was real wood grain. Not the fake plastic every other truck now is.

That original CL Elite red velour interior was one of my favorites.

I've looked at a few CL's in my search for a V8, and all the dashes seemed to be falling apart.. loose fasteners etc... was there a durability issue or just abuse?

image.png.4da543c62d08a0f0173c181db70f6e43.png

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I also think it is abuse mostly. Because every used truck and even new company trucks I see have trashed interiors. 

Every truck I've ever had and got rid of looked like brand new inside. My point is, some people take care of their stuff, like Dirtymilkman, and most just don't care.

I've ran a few CL's with that exact interior and I never had anything coming apart in them like that. And I work on and off road.

• Like 1

Dirtymilkman....I don't have any interior pics of the CL's I drove. Does yours have that kind of console on the roof with the stereo speakers and lights in it? can you post a pic of that some time?

I loved that red Elite interior. Especially the nice touches like the bulldogs embroidered in the seats.

Edited by Bullheaded

I'm not big into woodgraining myself, but it really does help in the appearance. I still prefer the later style dash but again that's personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'm not big into woodgraining myself, but it really does help in the appearance. I still prefer the later style dash but again that's personal preference.

Ya, at least the wood grain they used in the old trucks, even up to my 2005 International's was good quality.

But the stuff Freightliner and Western Star has been using since 2005......you can't even look at it without it scratching.

I use the special soft dust clothes, and a feather duster and my new 2020 dash already has fine scratches you can see when the sun is on it. Pretty sad for what you pay for these things.

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Dirtymilkman....I don't have any interior pics of the CL's I drove. Does yours have that kind of console on the roof with the stereo speakers and lights in it? can you post a pic of that some time?

I loved that red Elite interior. Especially the nice touches like the bulldogs embroidered in the seats.

They both have the overhead consoles and they also have the factory center consoles too. The '89 center console is quite a bit different than the '01 console. 

We have 2 CLs here....

1 1994 CL753 3406C Cat Elite interior with a 60" mid-rise.

1 1993 CL613 Elite Limited Edition E7400 Eaton powertrain 60" Highrise.

Love them both.

Still can't attach photos...meh.

Edited by bbigrig