F model windshield

I bought an old 74 f model Mack last year and am trying to get a few last things tied up for it's DOT inspection and I need a driver's side windshield, I have not had any luck finding one anywhere. Does anyone have any leads or contacts? Thanks in advance!

KIMG0071.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superdog said:

Very hard to find,any glass shop I've ever checked with has had no luck,check with anyplace that specializes in parting firetrucks,the CF used same windshield.

Nice looking western F,what are the specs?

Thanks for the replies, I got a few leads to pursue. I picked the truck and trailer up out of an old guys yard. Hadn't moved in 20 years but spent a lot of time with line and air valve replacement etc and drove it home. It has a small cam Cummins, maybe 350hp? Not sure  there is no data tag. 13 speed Eaton and Rockwell rearends. And my favorite is there is what appears to be remnants of factory A/C!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, Colomack said:

Thanks for the replies, I got a few leads to pursue. I picked the truck and trailer up out of an old guys yard. Hadn't moved in 20 years but spent a lot of time with line and air valve replacement etc and drove it home. It has a small cam Cummins, maybe 350hp? Not sure  there is no data tag. 13 speed Eaton and Rockwell rearends. And my favorite is there is what appears to be remnants of factory A/C!

is the VIN tag still on the door? if so,what does it it show for model #,that will tell what engine it has,or at least was built with.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:55 PM, Superdog said:

is the VIN tag still on the door? if so,what does it it show for model #,that will tell what engine it has,or at least was built with.

I believe it is still there, I'll have to look next time I'm at the truck. 

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, ws721 said:

I had a Gentlemen approach me about F model windshields. He said the last 2 he bought were $1400.  Cant verify that.  Nice looking F!  Love the 4 headlights

Wow that's crazy, I found both sides for it from a guy on here for a very reasonable price. Don't know much about these models or anything old Mack wise but definitely learning a lot with this project!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, 68-f-model said:

If you have a source for the F model windshield gaskets please share.   A nice looking Mack that you found.

👍👍 

Thanks! Hopefully it'll be hitting the road for it's maiden voyage after a laundry list of repairs in the next couple of weeks, I unfortunately do not have any contact for gaskets but a local glass old timer says it shouldn't be a problem to reuse it.