PLN Injectors

OldRedMack

BMT to the rescue, I need the mack part numbers for pln injectors.  One truck is a 94 with a 300, the other truck is a 94 with a 350.  I dont want to take the old injectors out until I have the new ones ready to go in.   Thank you all in advance.

4 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

P= pump 

L= line

N=nozzle

used to represent all the pre (to mid year) 1998 that had a jerk pump fuel system. E-tech was legally a PLN, but not a Jerk system and so no one ever referred to it as PLN. 

So what is a Jerk system? Is the endt676 a PLN system then?

Is PLN basically to differentiate between a common rail system and a traditional fuel injection system?

Edited by JoeH

52 minutes ago, JoeH said:

So what is a Jerk system? Is the endt676 a PLN system then?

Is PLN basically to differentiate between a common rail system and a traditional fuel injection system?

Yes. Early mechanical fuel injection systems using an inline type pump were called "Jerk" systems. They were also referred to as "plunger pumps". Rotary pumps such as a "Roosa-Master" were called that, rotary.

Common Rail, and HEUI injection is not a PLN system at all. Detroit Diesel used mechanical unit injectors for years to inject the high pressure diesel fuel.

I've never seen the designation PLN used in the past in practice, but have seen it in training manuals.

• Thanks 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.