2019 mack wipers on headlights on

vinny933

Question

Just bought a new 2019 mack granite  heres the problem  even my dealer cant figure out . lets say I go to work  its dark out and raining . I turn the wipers on and the headlights get to the job cant turn the lights off without turning the truck off. wipers off parking break on  no outside lights go off . the wipers seem to trigger  the lights on . this truck has the drl option with no override switch . if I don't turn the wipers on  everything works  normal

15 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, vinny933 said:

Just bought a new 2019 mack granete  heres the problem  even my dealer cant figure out . lets say I go to work  its dark out and raining . I turn the wipers on and the headlights get to the job cant turn the lights off without turning the truck off. wipers off parking break on  no outside lights go off . the wipers seem to trigger  the lights on . this truck has the drl option with no override switch . if I don't turn the wipers on  everything works  normal

When you contacted your Mack brand sales person, or his service manager, what did they say ?

This feature  can be turned off in parameters with Tech Tool.  I see it as a safety feature and like it however some people don't. I wish it was mandatory on cars as I've had several close calls during heavy rain storms and low visibility  where people fly down the interstate with no headlights on.

I agree with you mack pro  while I am driving in the rain, but if I stop pull the parking break out which should tell the computer I am not moving I should have the option to turn the lights off. waiting behind another truck that's getting loaded with snow at night, and it happened to be raining while we where clearing the parking lot. is pretty rude blinding the guy in his mirrors

Edited by vinny933

36 minutes ago, vinny933 said:

I agree with you mack pro  while I am driving in the rain, but if I stop pull the parking break out which should tell the computer I am not moving I should have the option to turn the lights off. waiting behind another truck that's getting loaded with snow at night, and it happened to be raining while we where clearing the parking lot. is pretty rude blinding the guy in his mirrors

I definitely agree in your situation. We have one new Anthem at our plant and when I plugged into it to set up road speeds and PTO settings , there was almost 600 different changeable parameters . And they are not usually in any particular order so it  might  take a little while to search through and find it . 

mackpro I was just wondering  I was reading about a DRL override switch that you can order from the factory . in order to put this on my truck which has DRL lights  2019 gr64f granete  is the harness there would I just need to buy the switch and plug it in ?

All the new trucks with the new Anthem style dash (includes the GR series)  now have the dreaded LCM  ( light control module) that’s was brought over from Volvo. This further complicates the usual simple troubleshooting of lightning issues you might have . I have not tore into the dash but there’s a good possibility the DRL override harness is already there.

So I’ve got a 2019 Mack Anthem and after 7 months the front driver side turn signal went out. They said it was a bad module.  So they replaced both headlight/signal (whole Assembly). Six months and 7 days later the driver side went out again. Dealership says your OEM warranty expired a week ago this time I have to pay over $600 bucks for new assembly the replace the one they installed. So I did it. Not happy. Well today the right side has gone out. Now Mack says leds last longer. At this rate I’m replacing them every 7 months. Regular light bulbs last long than these. I know it’s the modules, but Mack is saying I need to keep buying new ones. I think there’s something else wrong here. I’ve called Mack and they just forward it back to the dealer that wants me to pay. 

Edited by Crew1910

2 hours ago, Crew1910 said:

So I’ve got a 2019 Mack Anthem and after 7 months the front driver side turn signal went out. They said it was a bad module.  So they replaced both headlight/signal (whole Assembly). Six months and 7 days later the driver side went out again. Dealership says your OEM warranty expired a week ago this time I have to pay over $600 bucks for new assembly the replace the one they installed. So I did it. Not happy. Well today the right side has gone out. Now Mack says leds last longer. At this rate I’m replacing them every 7 months. Regular light bulbs last long than these. I know it’s the modules, but Mack is saying I need to keep buying new ones. I think there’s something else wrong here. I’ve called Mack and they just forward it back to the dealer that wants me to pay. 

I would write a letter direct to Mack them selves explaining what has happened 

No good phoning them, actually use a pen and paper and write it out by hand 

I would be very surprised if you dont get a  positive outcome 

I would list the name of the people you spoke to at the dealer ship and their response when asking 

Keep it direct and to the point and factual 

I have had to do this once in Australia when a dealer just fobbed me off until the warranrty expired and then refused to help 

Once the factory was involved and telling the dealer what to do it was amazing how quick things changed and minor annoying problems were fixed 

Paul

Another damn headlights question.  Bossman just gave me a 2019 Mack Pinnacle.  I'm parked @ truck stop  for the night and no matter what position I put the knob in, I cant seem to get the headlights to go off. I'm sure the drivers across from me would REALLY like it if I could turn my lights off too. And NO, my wipers aren't on. Can u help?

We have the Mack Anthems where I work as well. Try this: Turn the headlights and wipers off before shutting down the truck. After everything cycles off, restart the truck then turn on your headights. If you need your wipers on, just make sure you turn them off BEFORE shutting off your headlights. This always works for me unless I accidentally turn off the headlights first...then you have to go back to step one. Give 'er a try and let us know.

-Brian