MP8 hand primer pump

little puppy

Gotta change the whole thing. No special tools really, stubby wrenches help. Just be sure to put the lines and fittings back in the same place. One fitting is actually a check valve and it will also fit in other places and cause problems. The primer pump is replaceable on the newer common rail engine 

He's heading your way pro!😂 I find it amusing that Cummins can install a nice little ELECTRIC primer pump and no one else has thought to go there! Not a Cummins lover how ever they at least addressed the need to prime and keep the fuel system clean! 

2 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Along with the rest of domestic manufacturers like Deere and Cat who install electric primers. Europeans dig cheap, low tech, hand pumps? If Volvo installed an electric primer they might get an extra year of life out of each injector once they start to bubble. 

Even the leading Chinese heavy truck makers have made electric primers standard.

• Like 1

There are so many passage ways inside the filter stands on the MP engines, it would be hard to bypass the primary side of the fuel filter stand. We talked about changing a fuel filter stand on here yesterday and guess what I had to do today? Yep , filter stand.  We have 2  CXN’s , 3 CXP’s and about 18 CXU’s and one Anthem. Had low fuel pressure in one of the CXU’s . There was something going on inside the filter stand.  Start to finish  a little over 3 hours. Including troubleshooting, r&r filter stand, pressure wash before and  after repair and test drive with laptop plugged in .

• Thanks 1

This truck is a about to drive me bat shit crazy

You guys look at this est. and tell me if any part of it sounds reasonable. As far as the silicon boots, the shop Forman said ( the tech could best it leaking when he started the truck )

I want to meet the tech that can hear a leak in the air 2 air cooler with the engine running at idle under no pressure?.....

Estimate_10828459_v1.pdf

24 minutes ago, little puppy said:

This truck is a about to drive me bat shit crazy

You guys look at this est. and tell me if any part of it sounds reasonable. As far as the silicon boots, the shop Forman said ( the tech could best it leaking when he started the truck )

I want to meet the tech that can hear a leak in the air 2 air cooler with the engine running at idle under no pressure?.....

Estimate_10828459_v1.pdf

Did you ask if they pressurized the intake system?   terry:MackLogo:

• Thanks 1

Well if you use Pros flat rate  time they roughly  charged you 290 bucks an hour to change the filter stand  ! nice shop rate ! 😡Wish we could charge that Id be rich! Quite honestly its a shitty job much like everything else on these engines shit in the way,, cramped area to work in. (Cramped areas) We just did an EGR Cooler on an 8 yesterday we tried a different method rather than  removing the turbo and stuff we jacked  up the front of the engine worked fairly well , saved breaking turbo studs an all the other screw ups that go along with that job ,cut the time by a third  or so Worth trying in my mind!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1