E7 427 pulling power

Ed45

13 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Take the shift knob off, disassemble it and you will see a little plastic stud that blocks your thumb splitter from moving when range lever is down. Cut off the little blocker tit and your low gears will all have a split too.

Why didn’t Mack just make it an 18spfrom the get go?

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

You have to remember that at 154k pounds (70tons) your hauling almost twice the weight of the standard 80K pound rigs. That means to get the same lever of performance, you'll need almost twice the horsepower and torque. It'll move that gravel train at about the pace of a 237 Maxidyne at 80k pounds, except it'll have half the engine braking and you'll have to shift twice as much. so I'll concur that for the loads you want to haul you need a 15-16 liter engine with as much torque and horsepower as possible.

Michigan trains are awesome, make sure you tack on a pic when you get established.

We used to have a MI group (hmmmmaybe Mitch Dellich?) that dipped down from the UP once a year to have a "fix everything you can find wrong" week. Those guys had "centipedes" that ran Cummins ISX, High Torque 18 Spd, in a Mack CL733 with factory Raydan Air-Link Suspensions, real meat wagons. We had to rebush some of the main trunnions, but generally speaking they could take it, never saw a base metal crack.  

Mack isn't(wasn't) out of the game, you just need to take advantage of the most they have to offer.  

Image result for raydan suspension

Edited by Mack Technician

Will do Mack Tech! I figure I will put some larger injectors in it or a 460 program from Mack for now and make the most of it. As long as I can get 60 or 65mph out of it. I really like my dog. I already have a 9900 isx500,18sp,3.90. I want to make my dog a working show truck.

I understand 100%. I already pull them with my 9900i. Definitely not going to a gunfight with a knife for sure. You would be surprised how many guys are still running trains and 8axle flowboys with 355/380 Mack's. Most of them run in a 50 mile radius around Detroit where it is all flat ground. I'm looking to purchase a 5 axle dump over the winter to put it under. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 6:55 PM, Mack Technician said:

I’d vote yes. If it’s a Mack trans knock the pin out of the shift knob so you have an 18 speed. If you can’t make hills change up injectors as a quick’n easy. 

Go to Rochester and get a blixxton for 1200 they claim about 30-35% increase for power plus the sell stage 1-3 injectors and a bigger turbo kit