f-model windshield gaskets

68-f-model

I have never asked but I am pretty sure Mack (volvo) will have nothing.  Possibility of a good commercial glass shop might have something.  The shop near me has a big book listing gaskets for trucks, backhoes, tractors, etc.

Again never checked to be positive but the R and the F may share the same w/s profile and a repair piece could be spliced in using weatherstrip adhesive.  Did a repair on a Brockway years ago with a splice.  Not perfect, but not bad either.

Lockstrip can be found at glass shops.

Whatever you do, DON'T break your windshields!

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I know on the don't break the windshields.  I have a tiny chip in the drivers and it is worrying me.  I had to search quite a while to find a good  replacement for the all chipped and cracked passenger window.

I think the main difference between the F-model and the R-model is  the cab is  considerably wider.   I may have to break down and buy two R-model gaskets and splice together enough width.

The width is definitely different between the two.

Getting creative with 2 R model gaskets may be the way to go.

Might also check with a PAI dealer.  They make various aftermarket Mack items.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 68-f-model changed the title to f-model windshield gaskets

Don't know how much would it help but CF-model firetruck utilizes the same windshields as a F-model do. So might worth checking in with firetruck guys.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, 68-f-model said:

Any leads or suggestions on where I can get a windshield weather strip and lock strip?

Thus far my searching has found infinite r model gaskets but none for the f-model.

thanks

Have you contacted Watt's?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

On 5/23/2018 at 3:31 PM, 68-f-model said:

Any leads or suggestions on where I can get a windshield weather strip and lock strip?

Thus far my searching has found infinite r model gaskets but none for the f-model.

thanks

If you haven’t had any luck finding anything, contact Matt at restorationspecialties.com as they have hundreds of window and windshield rubbers and may have something close to what you need. I needed new vent window rubbers for the 74 Brockway I’m restoring so I inquired if he had anything close to what I needed. He asked me to email him pictures and sizes of what I had, and they actually had something nearly identical to what I needed. Just a suggestion, maybe they have something close to the F model.

Edited by youngstown.bulldog80
corrected font errors
  • Like 1