TRDXT722 trans info

41chevy

Just bought a TRDXT722 trans/ transfer unit for my B. Can't find any specs or general info on the transfer box on the unit. Any ideas who or where might be?  None in WIKI in fact zero on the unit any where so far. 

Mack-TRDXT7220-Transmission-Assys-9gUs7yBAjNSH_f.thumb.jpg.b67febf0e0b90a8c18ff9eaa1a78a3cd.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The entire unit is MACK and I have numbers to ID it, Just can't find any manual or even a parts break down. I'd like to look in it and do anything it may need before I put it in my B  mixer. It is the correct unit for my B and I've gotten the driven steer axle and spring kits for the conversion of my mixer to AWD. I'm probably going to have to hit the vintage military vehicle dealers for a DOD tech manual.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Thought I had some info but all I can find is the later series transfer case.

Seems the military applications are going to be my best shot for a part list. exploded view.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

Before I bought it the shop pulled the covers off in front of me and the gears and shifter forks and rods are good, had the oil tested and no issues aside from normal usage.Turned to by hand through the gears and no feeling of bearing issues. I want the spec sheet and parts list on the transfer case "just in case". The rest is a standard duplex. I don't like to have something that I have no info on if needs work or adjustment.

Plus it's correct for my mixer to be made AWD.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Before I bought it the shop pulled the covers off in front of me and the gears and shifter forks and rods are good, had the oil tested and no issues aside from normal usage.Turned to by hand through the gears and no feeling of bearing issues. I want the spec sheet and parts list on the transfer case "just in case". The rest is a standard duplex. I don't like to have something that I have no info on if needs work or adjustment.

Plus it's correct for my mixer to be made AWD.

got to be a rare back box, hope it works for you!   terry:D What would a B model designation be? I believe a front wheel drive in a DM was a DMM.

Edited by terry

It's matched to a 237 , same as it was mated to in the yard. 

My mixer is a 1961  B-61 that was a dump converted to a mixer in 1963, when it was a year old by Roanoak Sand on Long Island. It was up dated in 1973 to a 237 with a TRD722L (aluminum case)  in it since than.The 722 worked fine until it was retired in 1987.  I'm making it a 6x6 so this trans is a direct install.

The B 424 and 426 that John Hancock posted, I bid on for the drive trains. Iin fact the 424 has the 722 Duplex in it.

P.T.CHESHIRE