What Are Y'all Using For Filter Brands?

Flat Work

I'm getting ready to do an oil change. The truck currently has factory oil filters on it. I've always been a WIX person. And with retail sources like Amazon, etc, you can save some serious money buying them online.

Anyone got any good reasons why I shouldn't use anything other than factory-branded ones?

IMO,

Always OEM unless they are 200% over aftermarket price. Volvo filters are $1 cheaper than I can buy from NAPA.

Scenario #1- You fail a Mack filter and appeal to Mack for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

Scenario #2- You fail a NAPA filter and appeal to NAPA for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

Scenario #3- You fail an off brand filter you bought online and appeal to China based seller for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

These are Bad(#1), worst (#2) and fatal(#3) scenarios in order.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:13 AM, Mack Technician said:

IMO,

Always OEM unless they are 200% over aftermarket price. Volvo filters are $1 cheaper than I can buy from NAPA.

Scenario #1- You fail a Mack filter and appeal to Mack for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

Scenario #2- You fail a NAPA filter and appeal to NAPA for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

Scenario #3- You fail an off brand filter you bought online and appeal to China based seller for engine warranty due to contingent engine damage.

These are Bad(#1), worst (#2) and fatal(#3) scenarios in order.

My real issue rather than being cheap is the distance to the dealer. And they won't ship to my door. I suppose, just get the numbers, call ahead and make sure they've got 'em, and go waste 1/2 a day on the road.