Looking for some after market headlights that work

I own a 2013 Mack chu with the 10”x6” headlights and they are the worst lights out. I work up northern BC Canada and moose deer  bear. Elk  and bison are plentiful out here. But I can’t see them with the factory headlights. I also have 4 x8” road worrier lights on my Roo Bar or bull bar which are not DOT approved so I cover them around the DOT scales and when they are out trying to find something wrong. Oh when they need money lol. 

Just wondering if there are some great lights out there. 

Thanks

peter

Edited by Peter Tyson
Spelling

I have some of these on the pete I drive

https://truxaccessories.com/headlights/4-x-6/4-x-6-super-value-led-headlight

I replaced the stock H4 style housigns with these and it was a huge improvement at night.  I think the issue you may have is that you will have to go with a bulb replacement only as they might not make these in larger housings?

I have seen some visions and Ch macks with aftermarket headlights but cant comment on who makes them. I did my research watching youtube and then went and found the lights at a truck stop.

20161101_181356.jpg

I have installed this Jegs relay kit on my vehicles and found a significant difference, even with stock bulbs.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless-Performance-Products/764/30815/10002/-1

I use Philips X-tremeVision bulbs because of the quality, enhanced range, and their being legal. (They're available on Amazon)

https://www.powerbulbs.com/us/product/philips-xtreme-vision-130-h4-twin

I know of some people who run HID kits in their headlights. The newer kits have a ballast no bigger than a box of matches. 

Dont forget to adjust them properly, as this also helps. 

Another tip is to back off when your on low beam, and check on coming lights and reflectors, if one blacks out for a moment then you know there is something there and to back off. 

14 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I know of some people who run HID kits in their headlights. The newer kits have a ballast no bigger than a box of matches. 

Dont forget to adjust them properly, as this also helps. 

Another tip is to back off when your on low beam, and check on coming lights and reflectors, if one blacks out for a moment then you know there is something there and to back off. 

I suppose troubles with low may be showed out.

Here many people converted to HID (Xenon lights) with conversion kits which were for sale all over the parts shops. Than a few years later govnt initiated a war with such equipment. Almost taking driving licence off for half a year for such lights upgrade. Now things calmed down mostly. I still have them on my motorbike. But they're focused low, not how on a truck.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 1 year later...

Stock headlights on the 04 CX613 Vision suck big time, try ed the LED conversation bulbs they would burn out Napa got tired of replacing on warranty finally decided best we could do is the Extreme Bulbs work pretty good, here in the territory's light bars are legal, just need to remember not to use in Alberta