which air tank is best???

hello everyone, i have 2 air tanks to choose from to paint and mount on the rear of my b 67. my question to everyone is what tank is best, the split style tank or the non split tank. the truck came with the non split style tank. the truck has an air starter tank on the right side if that makes a difference in deciding what small tank is best. what are the pros and cons of each tank if any? any help would be appreciated. thank you, tomvb.

air tank 1.jpg

air tank.jpg

what is the purpose of this rear mounted air tank? decoration? extra air?

I surmise that you have other air tanks to provide for air brakes... and horn..!!!

the split tank is split for a reason... it is two non-connected tanks, each about half the capacity of your single tank...

BC Mack

• Like 1

My B only had the single 2 compartment tank in the rear.    If its the only air tank you are going to run for your brakes, I would use the 2 compartment.     There is a check valve between the 2 incase something happens in the compressor end of the system.    That way you won't loose all your air, and still have some brakes.     If you got the place and don't mind adding a tank I think I would run both.   From the compressor to the first half of the split tank then to the other half and extra tank. Just for more reserve.      

• Like 2