Hot T800

B MACK

This was the 2000 T800 I drove until a year and a half ago.    WAS a real good truck. Not sure what happened?  20 miles north of town.    Fire ex's didn't faze it, first to the seen where local farmers, then our water trucks and then local fire dept.   Could have been another real bad range fire in Montana.

thumbnail_NCM950299.jpg

100_1314.JPG

100_1315.JPG

19 hours ago, Timmyb said:

C15?

I know locally a few of them blow the return fuel line out of back of head and put hot fuel onto hot exhaust. They go up pretty quick. 

Yes it was a C15.   Talked to our mechanic, and that is what he believes happened.

Dang, you guys were real lucky there wasn't much of a wind or you'd have burnt up Montana and North Dakota 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, HeavyGunner said:

Dang, you guys were real lucky there wasn't much of a wind or you'd have burnt up Montana and North Dakota 

Yeah, that's for sure.   I heard about the 7500 or so acre blaze up north a couple  weeks ago..

• Like 1

looks like fuel tank is melted. the fire had diesel fuel at its disposal

Tank on the left was probably empty, at least to the melt line, and that is why it melted; tank on right was probably full. 

I'd count that as a save since the hood ornament didn't burn up.:rolleyes:

Glad everyone is OK and it didn't spread.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Not good! Lucky you weren't on the interstate! I don't know how Montana is about "toxic spills",one of my bosses lost a nearly empty rs fuel tank on a Navistar Cabover,it rolled onto the shoulder and spilled less than a gallon! Connecticut fined him 4000.00! His trucks were well maintained, but s..t happens!😁