Pictures of the Week

other dog

Heading into Atlanta. I think that's Stone Mountain over there.

DSCN9148.JPG.00a185b6b86535e7586a1f12b42898e9.JPG

Load of steel I delivered in Norcross. My Hasbro moisture detector detected 0.0 % moisture content. There was so much rain last week they were afraid it would get wet, but I put used paper off of some coils, plastic, then tarps on it.

DSCN9152.JPG.a8ba6766603b411c990cf78cc66d8ae2.JPG

Then I went out to the middle of nowhere to this trailer manufacturing facility-

DSCN9153.JPG.f697bb31b037a69aec207959e8776e30.JPG

and got this load of trailers-

DSCN9154.JPG.2172ce53078bc3e16e4a169285629794.JPG

U.S. Rt. 1 in South Carolina-

DSCN9162.JPG.ed9c783abc74b80d38ea597b23591748.JPG

Then I got a load of pipes going to McDonald, Pa.

DSCN9166.thumb.JPG.e167ea948b92e5a22919ff82a0c44580.JPG

I even saw a girl in a car with a McDonald's hamburger wrapper in her lap.

DSCN9173.JPG.e109ae600ba8fb79f805d591b2fe8e70.JPG

Then I went to Follansbee, W.V. and got 2 coils coming back to Lynchburg. Saw some pterodactyls in Follansbee.

DSCN9167.JPG.b686bc47ab2e456f000f30bd60093ed7.JPG

Then I went to Petersburg and got a load of steel going to Oklahoma that doesn't deliver until Tuesday. That worked out well, because I have a ton of stuff to do around here. If I didn't I might have went to Crewe, Va. today to a tractor show they're having this weekend. They already had a few tractors there-

DSCN9187.thumb.JPG.8c56508c1f74d3e5dba9f9115d00d8e0.JPG

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Back around 19 hunnert and 74 or 75, I went to the Suffolk Dragstrip in -where else? Suffolk, Va. At that time they held national events there, had concrete on the starting line, it was big time. Richmond Dragway was the regular "home track", it was pretty much "run what ya' brung", local guys, mostly street cars, but some heavy hitters ran there too.

5920ba29b3dba_SlowRide.jpg.3e7682ba3a41f8f6a36dac22da0d73e3.jpg

I don't know what the 1200 on the window means, this might not be at Richmond, but this Camaro ran low 9.90's consistantly. Big block Chevrolet, single carb, no blower, no nitrous.

I'd go to Richmond about every weekend. 

But the one time I went to Suffolk with a few friends the thing I remember most is the two Chevy II Novas that ran 11's with 6 cylinder engines- that's a quarter mile, not an eighth. And my favorite- a solid black Corvette Stingray with a big six cylinder "truck motor"  and a four speed. I think it was the big GMC  motor, inline six- it had a big hood scoop that sat to one side of the engine, wheelie bars, just bad-ass! No name, no nuthin, just solid black. And when it left the starting line the front wheels would come up about 6 inches, wheelie bars would catch, second gear-front wheels would jump up about 6 inches, same in third, same in fourth! It was great, ran a 10.00000 every time I saw it run, best I can remember. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, other dog said:

Back around 19 hunnert and 74 or 75, I went to the Suffolk Dragstrip in -where else? Suffolk, Va. At that time they held national events there, had concrete on the starting line, it was big time. Richmond Dragway was the regular "home track", it was pretty much "run what ya' brung", local guys, mostly street cars, but some heavy hitters ran there too.

5920ba29b3dba_SlowRide.jpg.3e7682ba3a41f8f6a36dac22da0d73e3.jpg

I don't know what the 1200 on the window means, this might not be at Richmond, but this Camaro ran low 9.90's consistantly. Big block Chevrolet, single carb, no blower, no nitrous.

I'd go to Richmond about every weekend. 

But the one time I went to Suffolk with a few friends the thing I remember most is the two Chevy II Novas that ran 11's with 6 cylinder engines- that's a quarter mile, not an eighth. And my favorite- a solid black Corvette Stingray with a big six cylinder "truck motor"  and a four speed. I think it was the big GMC  motor, inline six- it had a big hood scoop that sat to one side of the engine, wheelie bars, just bad-ass! No name, no nuthin, just solid black. And when it left the starting line the front wheels would come up about 6 inches, wheelie bars would catch, second gear-front wheels would jump up about 6 inches, same in third, same in fourth! It was great, ran a 10.00000 every time I saw it run, best I can remember. 

Me at NY National in SUFFOLK 1974.. 197.8 @ 6.85

http://round_50_6a.jpg~original

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

How did this get here anyway?.. page two should have been this week's new "Pictures of the Week"... I remember starting it, must have gotten distracted by something. I hauled two loads of stuff to the dump, hauled a load of scrap metal to Concord, went to Rustburg to get non-ethanol gas for new leaf blower, blew leaves out of the yard with the new non-ethanol gas powered leaf blower...I just don't know.

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, h67st said:

Somebody needs to save those 700's. Is the cab interchangeable with an R model or Supe?

H67, Yes and no.. Both were made by Scheller Globe and are basically the same .. There are differences in the cowl area so it would take some "Yankee Ingenuity" to make them fit.. A visit to the Brockway website can give you some more details.

Brocky