superliner fuel tanks

mackdaddy

As Mr. Akers stated but if you will send Alumitank your end bells which are specific to Mack, they will mount them onto new center sections they will make. it can be a bit costly however to have done. I had one of my 80 gallon tanks like your photo cut down to 50 gallon to allow for clearance of bed outriggers. The tank was damaged on the top from exhaust routing so no loss there.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob on the Ch i had a tank built for oil and fuel and they had the mack ends in stock.He told me they have them built to the manufactors specs.I was impressed with their work.Plus they have many differnt size ports and breathers that can be installed when built.

glenn akers

2 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

Rob on the Ch i had a tank built for oil and fuel and they had the mack ends in stock.He told me they have them built to the manufactors specs.I was impressed with their work.Plus they have many differnt size ports and breathers that can be installed when built.

When I had mine done last year they did not have the style ends shown in the photo which match mine. The did carry the correct diameter for the application but it did not have the recesses pressed into the shape. This was for my 73 RL-797ST. I had the tank modified for the crane body we spoke of and was sold from under me so not used.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

12 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

And on my superliner i bought one end which was perfect fit and a divider for dividing the tank so i could put oil in one end.The divider was a perfect snug fit for the tank i had.I amhappy with their services.

I'm really happy too but I delivered my tank and picked it up from them. I was visiting my son so in the area. They vendor the tank end bells but roll the aluminum to correct diameter and do all the welding on site. Pretty impressive operation to see.

I just spoke to Paul at Alumitank yesterday.  I'm going to supply them a drawing of my old square tanks.  They'll make production drawing for me to approve, then about 5 days I'll have two new tanks.

I tried to get them to make the tanks from diamond plate, that way it matches my rear fenders and genset box on the truck.  They say that is not possible.  Oh well, it was worth asking.  I remember seeing a B model with diamond plate tanks, but that was many years ago and who knows who made them.

I wanted to put round tanks on the truck, but the added cost(about $1K) for brackets is out of the budget.  I could fab up some of it, but time will run short before I get that all done.  The square tanks will bolt right back on after I blast/paint my old brackets.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I wanted to put round tanks on the truck, but the added cost(about $1K) for brackets is out of the budget.

No way for used brackets ?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

B model tanks are not are large as other newer trucks.   I suppose I could make do, but I figure I wanted to do it "right".  I'm also trying to keep it simple.  If I could have another year to scrounge up parts and make it work but I'm trying to do it all in a couple months.  I've been patching a leak in the drivers tank for 2 years now.  I want to get rid of it for good.

I've priced used tanks at local truck yard.  But they are a few inches larger in diameter and by the time I hang them on the truck they will be near scraping the ground.  At least they would look like it to me.  I know, I'm being picky.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry,

The round alu tanks on my R are 24" OD. I suppose that size would work for the B and R-model tank brackets don't seem to me as a trouble to find. At least it seems to me such way from my point of observation:) On the other hand I surprizingly to myself have found some of them even overhere.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012