Pictures of the Week

other dog

I've driven past the big Holstein,but forget where it is? Almost as cool as the big orange moose off 90/94 in Wisconsin, used to eat at that restaurant! The Kentucky club sign resembles the old mail pouch barn signs! FYI the same guy used to drive all over the country and paint those signs for Mail Pouch in Wheeling W va!

5 hours ago, BillyT said:

I've driven past the big Holstein,but forget where it is? Almost as cool as the big orange moose off 90/94 in Wisconsin, used to eat at that restaurant! The Kentucky club sign resembles the old mail pouch barn signs! FYI the same guy used to drive all over the country and paint those signs for Mail Pouch in Wheeling W va!

DSCN7036.JPG

DSCN7040.JPG

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

That looks like pennex aluminum in Wellsville, PA. Hauled many loads of skimmings out in my dump truck days.

We haul out of Wellsville all the time, I think this is Pennex in Greenville, Pa. though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thanks for the explanations, guys.

I remember we talked about that setup in the past.

BTW pretty interesting style, nothing like that overhere to be seen.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

OD,looks like they're still using that Diamond Reo? Are they hauling containers of scrap metal with it? I hate to see it neglected cosmetically  like that! I just enlarged the photo, and I realize what Brocky means by "tipper truck" It turns a dry van into a dump! That Giant was one of the last Diamond Reos made! Note the new style door handles on the white cab,which used the older doors originally with the handles by the window! Also the custom fabricated front bumper with the hitch. I've dropped trailers with sugar cane in the port of New Orleans and they backed a tipper tractor under it to dump it! That tipper had a pantograph looking linkage down in the frame at first glance looked like an ordinary tractor! The paper mills have a dump platform that you drop the trailer on, if you deliver bales of scrap paper. The most fascinating unloading situation I've ever seen is at Frito Lay in Binghamton Ny,where you park the whole rig on a dump platform with loads of potatoes they tie it down, and they tilt the whole rig to dump it! No end to innovation in our ever disappearing  manufacturing sector! Sorry had to get that little dig in!