B67 grill shell.

Is there a difference between my B67's grill shell and a standard B?    I put the one I bought from a B42 on.   It's on and looks ok but something don't fit quite right.   Kinda hard to explain.    Just figured I'd ask before I spent a lot of time loosening stuff and trying to realign.     image.jpg

Thanks.  I had the passenger side fender off and the radiator out.   The driverside fender appears to be 2 or 3 peiced together.    I'm gonna start loosening things and start pulling and pushing. I can't really explain how it fits but pretty sure I can get it better.   

8 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

big gap between the shell and headlight panel? I have ran into that. usually takes loosening and adjusting. have seen them so tight you had to fight to get the shell on to.

It's more like the flat area that the hood latches bolt to hit the inner headlight panels that goes between the fenders and radiator support.   Then when I pull the top back to line the bolts up that go under the hood welting it kicks the bottom out.      

• 5 weeks later...

The 1962 model year brought a slight redesign to the grille shell allowing it's removal w/o removing the headlamp panels. The giveaway is the two bolts through the bottom crossbar for retention of the grille shell as the side "wings" which bolt under the h/l panels are removed. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

The 1962 model year brought a slight redesign to the grille shell allowing it's removal w/o removing the headlamp panels. The giveaway is the two bolts through the bottom crossbar for retention of the grille shell as the side "wings" which bolt under the h/l panels are removed. 

Thanks.   Both my shells have the 2 bottom bolts, and nothing behind the headlight panels.   My b67 is a 63 model.  

Best I can tell 1962 was the first year where near every truck leaving Plainfield had the later style shell. I have both a 1960, and a 1961 B series which have the older style shell and trucks are both known from new to have original sheet metal installed/as built.  Not doubting your knowledge, just know there were variances which is probably exhaustion of parts stock(s).

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

59 was the grille shell change. most every 59 had the shell along with fuses and 60 had circuit breaker with the new style shell. 59 was also the year the crossmembers changed from the two holes to the one center hole with the tabs for pipe clamps, the air horns went from a pedestal to just solid mount along with the bumper brackets having the pipe tube spacer to the welded in angle iron spacer for the bracket for the tow hook.

Edited by Maddog13407

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

There are some variances still. My 1960 has more than a single hole, (seems like three) in the xmember and still has fuses. Pretty certain the 61 has fuses also but not certain. Never have had the sheet metal off this one. Both have the wiper motors under the dash. I know neither truck has ever been wrecked and both came from the same fleet in Texas sold new in Ft. Worth running reefer boxes. I had to recore the radiator in the 1960 truck and it was the old style everything so a lot of fun with 50 year old grunge built up but not a lot of rust to contend with.   

there are variences. ie trucks that sat around in dealer lots, but 59 was the change in radiator shell, 60 they went to circuit breakers instead of glass fuses,59 the  wiper motor went outside, 59, the junction box for back cab wiring  went on the back driver side cab corner instead of the  inside frame rail, the bumper brackets got changes the the  style with the angle iron instead of the pipe spacer, 59 was also the year the frame crossmembers changed from the two hole design to the one hole in the middle and the air horns got moved off a pedestal and mounted directly to the cab. 62 was the year the radiator crossmember got changed to the 5 hole design to the two hole design, the door hingecover plates got ommitted, 64 the maplights got changed to the R model style over the back window instead of the two porceling single lights,62 brought on the got aweful push button signal light switch and 64 brought on the key starter switch.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

3 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

there are variences. ie trucks that sat around in dealer lots, but 59 was the change in radiator shell, 60 they went to circuit breakers instead of glass fuses,59 the  wiper motor went outside, 59, the junction box for back cab wiring  went on the back driver side cab corner instead of the  inside frame rail, the bumper brackets got changes the the  style with the angle iron instead of the pipe spacer, 59 was also the year the frame crossmembers changed from the two hole design to the one hole in the middle and the air horns got moved off a pedestal and mounted directly to the cab. 62 was the year the radiator crossmember got changed to the 5 hole design to the two hole design, the door hingecover plates got ommitted, 64 the maplights got changed to the R model style over the back window instead of the two porceling single lights,62 brought on the got aweful push button signal light switch and 64 brought on the key starter switch.

I think it is time for you to write a B-model book.

• Like 1