89 Superliner 350/15 Speed

1958 F.W.D.

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

M2 incomplete is a knocked down unit with parts crated that needed to be installed at point of entry. Generally the parts not installed are front bumper assembly, mirror units, top pipe(s) on exhaust stack(s) and sometimes outer rear tires. Incomplete units also pay  lower export / import duties.    Paul

Well this makes some sense to me now. 

Here are some pics to reinforce what you mention about incomplete.

This paperwork came with my 1988 "R"  . 

Mack incomplete.jpegMack incomplete 1.jpeg

• Like 2

Keith 

On 03.12.2016 at 7:54 PM, bbigrig said:

I have some ugly news for you VLAD. ....your truck which sounds like it was a Canadian build.

Most of the Canadian build trucks had the records stored at Toronto Branch after the Oakville plant was shut down in 1993.

Most of those files were destroyed in the late 90's when The Toronto Branch was moved and no one wanted to cover the cost of shipping the Canadian records to the museum in PA.  they were thrown out with the trash.  Sad really.

Mack corporate shut Toronto Branch down in late 2001 

This too makes sence. Not nice to hear though.

At least now I know the matter of the fact.

There is another interesting point in that story. Although Watts Mack couldn't track down my VIN's, one of the members on here once helped me locating some parts. He made it through another dealer and informed me they could see the truck in the system. Unfortunately I couldn't contact that dealer to get the production info.

So my question is - if anybody on here has access to Mack programm, I would be too likely to get the factory specifications on my trucks.

The VIN's are 2M2N187y8KC026171 and 2M2N187Y8KC026172.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2016 at 8:36 PM, 85snowdog said:

Well this makes some sense to me now. 

Here are some pics to reinforce what you mention about incomplete.

This paperwork came with my 1988 "R"  . 

Mack incomplete.jpegMack incomplete 1.jpeg

This document came with every truck built in Canada.  the truck off the line was not considered built complete until 5th wheel in the case of a tractor or for a straight truck the box installer.

The dealer or branch in most cases was the place of certification in Canadian terms. 85snow dog in your case you may notice a certification plate or decal in the cab that has the axle weights, vin etc printed on it. that decal was probably installed by the dump body manufacturer which was in your case the "final manufaturer"

2m2 is on EVERY Mack built in Canada.it has nothing to do with being a knock down kit. All Canadian Macks have that in the VIN.  

2 designation goes on any car or truck built in Canada.

At the Toronto Branch if it was a tractor a cert. decal would be installed with weights ratings etc. on the door jam decal basically showing the axles ratings etc were not changed from manufaturer. thus making the branch the final builder and certification center for the truck.

Mack Canada Oakville was not a final installer. no truck off the line was considered PDI'd or road ready.  thus the incomplete designation. Toronto Mack had a separate back shop that my Father worked in just to handle the "Finals" certifications and installs that made them a complete truck.

That was only until the 90's until factory fifth wheels etc started becoming finaled or delivered complete through the factory. if you ordered a Granite Mack today with no body it can be considered complete in certain ways. mount a box or mixer etc it has to be tagged as complete by the final manufacturer.   the paperwork you have displayed above is for the body builder to fill in their certification plate that by law they must affix.  my Superliner which was built in Canada and sold to a customer in Canada also has 2M2 as its starting VIN so it has nothing to do with being knock down or incomplete. 

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 2

On 04/12/2016 at 4:26 AM, Vladislav said:

This too makes sence. Not nice to hear though.

At least now I know the matter of the fact.

There is another interesting point in that story. Although Watts Mack couldn't track down my VIN's, one of the members on here once helped me locating some parts. He made it through another dealer and informed me they could see the truck in the system. Unfortunately I couldn't contact that dealer to get the production info.

So my question is - if anybody on here has access to Mack programm, I would be too likely to get the factory specifications on my trucks.

The VIN's are 2M2N187y8KC026171 and 2M2N187Y8KC026172.

VLAD. ....

What model of trucks do your vin numbers go to.

Mack uses the last 6 digits of the VIN on multiple models. 

Are they R688'S.????

On 21.12.2016 at 4:45 AM, bbigrig said:

VLAD. ....

What model of trucks do your vin numbers go to.

Mack uses the last 6 digits of the VIN on multiple models. 

Are they R688'S.????

You're right. They are R688ST's.

I supposed it's possible to identify a model by tracking down the front part of Mack VIN.

At least I have such practice with some other vehicle producents I used to deal with.

Thank you for paying attention to my question.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 weeks later...