B85 air leak......

All,

I have an air leak in my B85, and I've tracked it down (or at least part of it) to this piece in the picture, which appears to be attached to an air manifold on the passenger side firewall.  Air is coming out of the slit you can see where the plastic meets the metal, about 3/4" of an inch above (or to the left of, the way the pic is positioned) the number.

I've Googled it, but can't find any info. to be able to replace it.

Does anyone have any idea what it is, what it does, and where I might be able to find one?

279471 (2).jpg

Hmmm.....  I have a buzzer in the cab that's constantly going off, and this may be why.

Now that I know it's Bendix, I did some more research, and it looks like this particular model is no longer available, but they have a 279416N that looks like pretty much the same thing, so I have one on order....

Thanks!!

Mike

yup, low pressure warning buzzer activation switch. replaced mine twice with new style like that one since I restored my truck 9 years ago. they last about  one season of driving and the switch and buzzer quits workin again. the new ones are junk.  the dump trucks and fire trucks had the switch mounted there, the road tractors had them wired to the tractor protection valve behind the cab.

Edited by Maddog13407
  • Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg