Attention farmer52

mowerman

Ya 1969 McLane spent a whole summer on it few years back wife was pissed hardly did anything else pulled every bolt out wire brushed them all sanded painted oiled greased everything new chains rebuilt engine hadda lotta fun with that one....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, farmer52 said:

Bob,

Thanks!  At first I thought it was a snow thrower then realized it is a reel mower.  

Me too, I was about to ask bob what the heck he needed a snowblower for in Reno. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

That is a nice job. Only there are no grass clippings... it looks too good! OSHA would have a problem with it these days having no guards.

I made a lot of money working on that stuff over the years. Then I started to mess with Mack's.

Great job! I have a 1979 craftsman riding mower I'm determined to restore.The thing's awesome,the sheet metal is 14 gauge,the transaxle has an automotive  style shifter that shifts sideways.Has sealed beam headlites 14 hp Tecumseh with roller bearing crank.My wife wants me to junk it of course!

Lol ya wives don't get anything we do that sounds terrific I also have 1975 Montgomery Ward tractor I'm gonna do got all the parts to get er going for now plan on restoring it also....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

And I thought the same at first. Thought it was some kind of souped up snow blower, until I saw the reel. I like it. I need a blower....though. I needed it 2 weeks ago when while mowing, my belt broke and put me out of action for a week and half. I got me a hay field now and not going to rake it.

Great looking reel mower and like the colors to. 

• Like 1

If we are going back that far... I used to cut grass and plowed snow for the neighbors around me, 1/4 acre at the most each, I was 9-13. I had two 1958 Wheelhorse Jr tractors my dad got me at a garage sale. One was for cutting and plowing snow the other was for parts but I got it running real good... Both original Clinton 4hp engines got replaces with Army surplus 7hp Kohler engines. The "parts" one I switched the pulleys around and man it was like a go kart. Had to put dual rear AG tires and 110lbs of tire weights, on it to keep from tipping over going around corners. Fill the oversized fronts with washer fluid not to freeze, to keep them on the ground and steer at speed. Dad would have taken it away if he knew it did a honest 25mph, like he did with my go kart. Those old Tecumseh's and Kohler's really run when the governor was disconnected!! The cops couldn't give me a hard time when I saw them any more like the go kart. Just put it in first gear and I was on my way to cut some grass.... miles from my house...  :thumb:

• Like 1