3406 Caterpillar questions.

The truck is really really nice, but the guy selling it gave me that info about the engine... I'm not into 'hot-rod' problems. If anyone knows Cats on here, I'd be interested in finding out if this is bad info, or a quality set-up. .. 

Thanks

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I drove a Pete once with a Peak motor. Was told you always could tell when the peak motor injectors were going out because of the smoke and noticeable power gain. Sounds like a 3406c mechanical engine that's been rebuilt with some aftermarket power goodies on it to me. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

The peak engines were interim design, and I will be blunt. The peak engine was a pile. Cat had alot of trouble with the timing advance arm breaking.

If some one wanted a good engine the best way to go was to install the injector pump and advance from the B model 3ZJ engine. There are some

tuned up turbos for them and different nozzles combined with using the 5EK and up piston liner packs and using a mechanical pump will put out

600 HP and 1850 torque.  My big question when someone claims big power is where's the dyno sheet to back up that claim. My two cents.

Truck Shop  

• Like 2

One ping only

16 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

The peak engines were interim design, and I will be blunt. The peak engine was a pile. Cat had alot of trouble with the timing advance arm breaking.

If some one wanted a good engine the best way to go was to install the injector pump and advance from the B model 3ZJ engine. There are some

tuned up turbos for them and different nozzles combined with using the 5EK and up piston liner packs and using a mechanical pump will put out

600 HP and 1850 torque.  My big question when someone claims big power is where's the dyno sheet to back up that claim. My two cents.

Truck Shop  

Yeah, I agree... I don't give a whit about 'big' power... I am only curious as to what those figures mean concerning timing and compression ratio.... 

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.