Door will not latch closed!

Tried everything. Was wondering if the post nuts in the cab that the latch screw into should be loose as they are now or do they have to be welded tight, so when the latch is screwed in there wouldn't be any play. I replaced the door hinges thinking they were worn and aligned it up but no the door still doesn't close. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2016 at 4:42 PM, blue rd said:

Tried everything. Was wondering if the post nuts in the cab that the latch screw into should be loose as they are now or do they have to be welded tight, so when the latch is screwed in there wouldn't be any play. I replaced the door hinges thinking they were worn and aligned it up but no the door still doesn't close. 

you dont want any play in that latch,thats why your door wont stay closed the nuts are loose for adjustment,but they should tighten up with the screws. I've had trouble with them working loose,a little lock-tite solved problem

Hello finally had the time to get it done! The problem was I used a latch that was from PAI, being aftermarket was not allowing it to latch because the spring is to stiff. Bought original parts from Mack dealer. Good as new. Thanks have a great and safe drive Mack friends. 

• 1 month later...

Off topic but I bought hood latches and exterior door handles from PAI off eBay and am having problems with the hood latches staying closed. The latch handle doesn't close enough when latched and they pop open. My old steel latches did the same thing so the hook that bolts to the hood with the 4 bolts may be the problem. 

• 4 years later...