Contact the Long Island Chapter of the ATHS. There is a pre 1919 AC in the club I think.   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hello, I have a 1918 class B Liberty truck I am currently working on.This is the truck designed by the quartermaster corps for use by the US Army in WW1 under the motor transport corps.  It is complete, and I have had it running.  I have the transmission out at this time, and hope to blast the frame soon and repaint OD green.  I also have a 1918 AC Mack which was sold to the US Government for export to France.  It never made the trip, and became a Baltimore Fire Dept truck until the mid 70's.  I bought it in 1981.  I also have a Mack built trailer, built 1917/18 for use as a searchlight trailer.  I had it at Macungie this past year, and Don Schmacker took pictures and sent me copies of about thirty pictures they had in the archives of these trailers.  Not much info out there, or any indication as to how many were built.  I have a picture of one with a 3" gun on it being used for antiaircraft duty. 

• Like 1

That's great to hear. Wow.  This is the event, it is on Governors Island on Saturday, Sept. 17:

http://governorsislandguide.com/blog/?event=doughboy-day-at-fort-jay

PM me if you could make it and I can explain arrangements and particulars. This is tied into the nationwide WW1 commemoration. It would be very cool to have your truck on display to the public with a platoon of Doughboys with weapons to go along with it in New York Harbor. You'd be in the same spot as the actual First Army Quartermaster Corps. Governors Island is a former Army and Coast Guard base that's now a park, and 22 acres is a National Monument, which is where the event is, with the National Park Service. It's accessible by ferry from Manhattan and Brooklyn. The truck can get special permission to board. Thank you.