Windshield Wipers on My 59 B Model

Last time I looked they work back and forth. Sorry it's been a long month. Yes they work from the engine compressor. Most of the time when they move slow it is because of slug in the system and needs a good cleaning. Or it needs a new govner. Hey I still can't spell when I saw posted Christy Brinkley, maybe if I had her number then I could get well or maybe better?  

• Like 1

Yup, air.  They can be finicky, but once you have the system good they work fine.  Mine will near throw the blades off it runs so fast.

The dash control will usually have a bad o-ring, which means it leaks air.  Beyond that there isn't much to it.

The wiper motor itself might need some cleaning and attention, along with the air lines to it.  They swell up or get hard and plug up and won't pass enough air to make them move.  The motor is easy to remove off the fire wall.  Note which hose goes where so you can assemble it again.  I pulled mine apart and cleaned the valving inside and put it back on with some new supply lines.  Wow, what a difference.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yes, full air pressure.

The exhaust from the motor has a little "muffler" on it.  I removed mine as that is also a restriction for air flow.  It is NOT like you will ever hear the air wooshing out of it while driving a B model!!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

There are folks oit there who rebuild/repair air powered windshield wiper motors. I had a link to one, but I cannot find it now. Let me know if you need it and I may be able to chase it down.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

This bunch rebuilds air wipers.  Maybe who you are thinking about.

No, I ran across a guy at a show who worked on air wipers out of his house/personal shop. He did a set for a friend of mines C cab Ford that he had previously been told were not repairable and were NLA. 

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!