Need photos of a B81 with it's hood open...help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope

The B81 I recently purchased didn't have any hood support arms, so I'm in the process of making something work. As it turns out, after making arms and connections just like a B61, I have found that the geometry is apparently different between the arms on a B61 vs. a B81.

Can someone post pics of an open hood (specifically the arms) of a B81 so I can fill in the blanks?

Also, are the support arms for the B81 the exact same arms that are on a B61? I attempted to install the same ones on my B81 and the geometry is not the same. It's as if the B81 needs shorter versions of the support arms.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I found supports that are identical to what's on my B61. Yesterday I installed them on my B81 (with home-made bolt-on connectors), and they didn't work due to the distance/geometry being different. Apparently the pieces that attach the arms to the hood and firewall are not the same on a B81. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

Mine measure 11.5" collapsed and 17" in the extended locked position when I square up the ends. I believe they are shorter than 60 series parts but don't have a set to look at.

Well, that's it then. The arms I have are 13.25" collapsed and 22.5" in the extended locked position. That's what the problem is. I'll have to cut them down to the dimensions you posted.

Thank you for that information, bud.

Before you cut, let me attach a picture or two to make sure we are on the same page...better safe than sorry...I'll see if I can do it now.

Ok, hope this works. Pictures are all a little tough so scrutinize the angles etc to get better measurements. I tried to make the brackets square...hopefully this helps...I've not had these on my truck but they did come off of a B-83. Good luck

post-7266-0-40814400-1456449038_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-87116500-1456449051_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-28603000-1456449064_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-78241700-1456449080_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-63162700-1456449098_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-42998000-1456449118_thumb.jp

post-7266-0-78514800-1456449127_thumb.jp

I have original parts books. I will look this evening and see if there is a picture

It always helps to send the Museum the PN of what you are looking for.

It does take a couple of weeks to get the drawings, but they are an absolute godsend if you have to make a missing part.

I have used them to re-create the valve springs for my AB and a hose holder for the 52 among other items.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I was at my friend's place this morning and my camera failed.Will be back there in the morning.He did tell me that his are from a b61,just moved their position on the hood.If you want call me around 7-730 and I should be there by then and you can tell me what pic and measurements you need.