Early R model exhaust

I want to put duals on my 70 r model. The people I got my truck from f'ed the exhaust all up. I am having a hard time finding pics of the exhaust routing. I don't care about buying the factory pipes I just want some pics of the passenger side factory exhaust. So I can make mine look factory. Preferably the square tank style. I want my driver side to mimic the factory passenger side under the frame.

First off thank you for the info. What I'm actually looking for is pictures of the mounting systems and pictures of the exhaust on the trucks. I'm going to make the system. If anyone has a pic of the dual stacks and the mounting setup.

These are the brackets I made for my B. I made them from 1/4" plate, 2x4 box, and 5" channel. They bolt through the crossmember right behind the cab. They are solid without a cross bar, simple to make, clean in appearance. Just an idea for you.post-18910-0-05869600-1454853728_thumb.jpost-18910-0-57106100-1454853773_thumb.j

Some early R-models were not equipped with a muffler. Remember, in those days, the turbocharger was accepted as a muffling device, and the Garrett AiResearch turbochargers had a metal tag stating so.

I used to get in trouble for straight pipes in NJ, because they couldn't bust me for smoke lol ( I had an air switch under the seat to turn the puff limiter on & off) . M y turbo had the MUFFLING DEVICE tag on it, got a noise ticket, went to court and the judge threw it out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2