USDA and EPA on ethanol

41chevy

Have no idea how many agencies help the EPA make regulations. I assume the USDA is now owned by the Corn Lobby?

Since the EPA is upping the E-10 requirement to E-12.7 and the USDA spent $210 million for 5000 Ethanol Blend gas pumps for 21 states.

The bill to limit this is in committee and stands less than a 1% chance of reaching the Congress or Senate.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/12/02/epa-breaks-blend-wall-with-latest-ethanol-mandate-ruling/?refer=news

http://ksnt.com/2015/10/28/usda-provides-100m-for-5000-new-ethanol-pumps-in-21-states/

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr704

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It sure screws up older engines with carburetors.......not to mention small two cycles.

I recently switched my mowers, blowers and trimmers over to 87 octane non-ethanol. I can't believe how much better they run. Just bought 3 gallons for the 2-stroke snowblower for over the winter, too.

Also put 10 gallons into the F.W.D. for her winter hibernation- wish I could feed her that exclusively but at $3+ per gallon and 2.5 to 3.0mpg it gets a bit costly.....I'll burn corn squeezins in the summertime because I burn them off pretty rapidly.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My Dodge gets 15mpg on real gas and almost 11mpg on E-10 so whats the benefit? The higher ethanol percentage the lower my mileage.

So the EPA law benefits the people that the USDA over sees and who else. Surely not me.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If the government says it's good then it must be. Am I right? They have our best interests in mind.

YEP! The President says we should feel sorry for the Syrian Refugees . . .and I do . . . sorry they're coming here!

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Liberal government knows best, just ask them.

No need to ask, they brag how good they have made our lives "better"

P.T.CHESHIRE