866 Sitting Around

ducky698

Hello All, well i am unsure what i should really do with my 866, its been sitting parked up for a few months now and am sure it will be there for atleast a minimum of 3months, what should i do with it? turn it over by hand, just leave it? or what? all i have done is pull it out of a running rusty F model and put it on a pallet. any sugestions?

thanks, Grant

Hello All, well i am unsure what i should really do with my 866, its been sitting parked up for a few months now and am sure it will be there for atleast a minimum of 3months, what should i do with it? turn it over by hand, just leave it? or what? all i have done is pull it out of a running rusty F model and put it on a pallet. any sugestions?

thanks, Grant

Hi Grant, you should start by giving it to me and no longer being concerned with it.

Actually just wrap it up well, or tarp and turn it over by hand every month or so. I've never had one stick by doing this and some of my engines has sat quite some time. If possible have it inside to avoid as much condensation as possible.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Grant, you should start by giving it to me and no longer being concerned with it.

Actually just wrap it up well, or tarp and turn it over by hand every month or so. I've never had one stick by doing this and some of my engines has sat quite some time. If possible have it inside to avoid as much condensation as possible.

Rob

Hi, i could give it to you, but it wont fit in the mailbox :)) thanks for the info, was getting a little worried about it. its been inside for a while now. poor thing, when it eventually goes back in its going to have a fun time pulling a triple.

Grant

Well who ever you give it to cover up the intake and exhaust maniolds because creatures can crawl inside and you can get moisture in the intake some how no matter what happens .I think it would be a good ideal if a mack engine is to be set up for a few years is to miz some oil with some fuel and use the primer or hand pump if it has one and pump thru the injection pump and then turn over some before covering. This may keep the rack from sticking with the new fuels we have today it is not that had to stick a rack from sitting. glenn

glenn akers

Hi, i could give it to you, but it wont fit in the mailbox :) ) thanks for the info, was getting a little worried about it. its been inside for a while now. poor thing, when it eventually goes back in its going to have a fun time pulling a triple.

Grant

Just think of the stress relief on your lower back by lightening your wallet giving me that engine, and paying postage to air freight it it Chicago! In just a little over a week, you will "feel like a new man" due to that heavy burden being lifted from your shoulders.

You know me; Just doing what I can to help one of my mates!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Rob,

This is getting very interesting. Sounds like brothers to me. Keep it going.... and one day i'll have to butt in....... where's the mixer when you need him?

mike

Quite possibly at a Cat Authorized repair facility with his Pete!!

Rob

Quite possibly at a Cat Authorized repair facility with his Pete!!

Rob

No he actually made it without any incidents, well as far as yesterday anyway. I talked to him around dinnertime and he had just got back at the shop. Today though is another question. Rob you must have plenty of room for all those trucks,parts, etc.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

No he actually made it without any incidents, well as far as yesterday anyway. I talked to him around dinnertime and he had just got back at the shop. Today though is another question. Rob you must have plenty of room for all those trucks,parts, etc.

Thanks guys, its all been sealed up, was debating weather to turn it over or not, i have had a blown falcon coupe in storage in chicago for 3 tears, it has not been touched, turne or anythoing.

regards Grant

Hi Joe, great to know he is getting by without problems. Of course I do not wish problems on anyone no matter what they drive.

I've only got two acres at my place. I did have it zoned industrial to build my body shop and not be hassled by neighbors. Don't really bother anyone, and don't trash the outside with junk, so I'm left to be.

Not a lot of room, but enough that I stay out of trouble till "Momma" discovers I've brought something else home!

Rob

Well, thats one engine done, started the flintstone up today with the 260hp 6cyl in it. let it run for 30 min an shut it down, will do the 866 tomorrow.

Grant

Never had one of those so I'll take it also........

Just think how many less headaches you will have in the upcomming years with my help!! Your aspirin bill will be cut by 3/4!!

Rob

are y'all talking about ME? :huh:

What would give you the inclination that I would partake in something like that????

Besides that, you were not here to defend yourself!!

Rob

Never had one of those so I'll take it also........

Just think how many less headaches you will have in the upcomming years with my help!! Your aspirin bill will be cut by 3/4!!

Rob

Rob is very knowledgeable on the v-8's so any questions can be pointed to him.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Rob is very knowledgeable on the v-8's so any questions can be pointed to him.

Naw, I'm really not. I do ask a lot of questions to folks that have forgotten much more than I'll every know.

Many are willing participants on this board.

Rob

I'm starting to wonder about him, he on myspace every now and again. He probably working himself to death trying to catch back up from being off of work.

Maybe he has fallen in love with a new D-16 powered Volvo dump truck and is avoiding us?????

Somehow, I don't think so.

Rob