Munchi hyd pump problem!

MACKS

Its a side mount pto and Munchi hyd pump mounted to a Mack 12 speed.problem is all of sudden the body wont stay up loaded or empty,goes up fine but then slowly come right back down,the directional valve is moving freely back and forth when i move the lever,its air operated,thinking theres dirt or something stuck some where,but where,can i take something apart and clean it or should i take the pump off and bring it somewhere to be fixed,got to get back up asap,thanks for any help

A) the packings in the piston are bad, causing it to leak back

B) the directional valve is got something keeping it open and holding

Either way, make DAMN WELL SURE you prop the body before going under

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

A) the packings in the piston are bad, causing it to leak back

B) the directional valve is got something keeping it open and holding

Either way, make DAMN WELL SURE you prop the body before going under

Im sure its not the piston and the valve is closing all the way,i went under and taped it in the make sure,could there be something wrong with it like o ring or something,seems like its just not shuting of the flow.

should have asked-is it a telescopic piston or single stage?

IF single, then like I said the packing may be shot.

have you brought it down, stop, and see if it still drops?

stupid question-hyd oil level good?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

My dump trailer did the same thing for awhile and I didn't know where to look for a problem and one day it started working like it should. I figured it must have had apiece of dirt somewhere. Good luck

exactly my thought but where and how do i get to it to clean it,if i wasn't hauling asphalt i could let it go.

Drained it out and dropped the pump,took out the selector valve and clean it and inside and also the pressure valve blew everything out with compressed air and also clean out hyd tank and re installed with new hyd fluid,same problem,so tomorrow I'll get a new pump and be done with it..

Gave it one more shot and pulled out the entire relief valve cartridge witch I didn't do before and found the problem,a little piece of metal stuck in there,back up and working perfectly. .post-598-143888007632_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No filter,my fuel tank was converted to a hyd tank when i added a drop axle,thats where that piece of aluminum came from,I took the tank off and flushed it out good added all new hyd fluid,400 bucks just for the hyd fluid,nothing is cheap any more..lol

I would still find a spot for a filter. It'll save you dollars and grief in the long run.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I would still find a spot for a filter. It'll save you dollars and grief in the long run.

That would be nice but I dont think there's enough room,never had a filter on any of my other dumps and no problems,see how it goes,so if any one has a similar problem you know where to look first.