Mass antique fire truck show

Loadstar

The "Type 45" is a 1948, 500/250, former Rockport, MA Fire Department. Back in '60 and '61 I spent two summers in Rockport, I remember this engine in Central Station.

Glad to see that it is still around and looks in great shape. The white/red "L" model stopped by our station a few years ago when it was in town, it also looks great.

bulldogboy

Beautiful units! What power plants do the Maxims have? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Beautiful units! What power plants do the Maxims have? Paul

Paul , not sure what engines maxim put in those....I'm sure someone will chime in... I know of a tiller truck from that same time period that had a Detroit in it.

Maxim seemed to favor the Waukesha 817 in the gas jobs; my guess that the pictured rigs probably have DD's in them; most likely 6-71's.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 months later...

Just doing some poking around and found this. The Rockport Mack is owned by my friend who sold me the truck I have. His wife is from Rockport, I think he has two of their trucks, plus an L model engine. He's a long time member of the Westbrook Ct. department. One of his trucks is in the pic I took of our old Ladder 1. I wish I could hear about the fire engine shows befor they happen, not after!

post-2179-0-07077300-1445101832_thumb.jp

• 7 months later...