Tip Turbo

bobo

if the truck has a E7 and front mount intercooler I see no need to go to a tip turbine. Only reason I would see the use of a Turbine set up on an E7 Is for fitment issues in a smaller truck. I think the 4V E7 manafolds are a little diffrent than the 2 valves? that may be an issue?

Trent

If u have a cooler u dont need a tubin.Plus u wont like the headach of having to take all of that stuff off when u have too tear the top end down.I have one on my 77 BULLDOG and it's allright but can be a pain when u have too put heads on or just setting my valves and jakes I have to take half of it off."Valve covers won't clear if I don't" Also if u do end up taking the core box off u better have a set of knuckle sockets for the few tight spots!

KEEP THE BLACK SMOKE ROLLIN

I hear what you guys are saying and agree! I didnt explain enough. I know it would be a real brain teaser trying to make it fit, but for that constant boost pressure would be an added bonus to build a performance E7. To hot hod it so to speak? I have a RB and CL both etech 460 and legaly gross out at 140,000#(ont) pulling a 4 axle buggy and would love a little or alot more power to do it! I was just thinking out loud LOL

I think you would loose performance.. (just my opinion) you will not have as much volume of "boosted Air" available at your intake valves when they open, as you have with the front mounted air cooler. you spool up a little quicker but long running you will miss the air to air...

If you are looking to "hot-rod" your E-7 there is a place called Rochester Injector Service that sells bigger injectors and turbo kits. I've heard of some guys getting close to 600HP out of their E7's but I don't know how dependable they would be as a everyday worker. Especially grossing 140K like you are......

I know I'd be crazy to remove the air to air! I was thinking to use it in conjunction with air to air, have it enter before the turbo, kind like a DD blower? like I say just thinking out loud

I have the turbo kit and stage two injectors from Rochester fuel. tried to install it on the RB, but quickly found out the my air intake piping would not work with the turbo. the supplied elbo was for a CH/CL. but hunted the proper stuff down to make it fit, JUST HAVENT HAD THE TIME TO INSTALL! LOL holidays are comming soon gonna do it then. I will be damn sure to tell you if it works or not!!

an air to air will have likely 2 times more cooling fin surface than the charge air cooler box does. As said above,The tip turbines were good for there time but todays air to air is more efficent. If you want more boost, faster responce etc.. find a diffrent turbo. if you are working the truck dont get to crazy with a diffrent turbo set up. you may louse performace where you need it most?

Trent

I'd search the internet for a chip. idc-solutions.net has one rated for 10-30% performance gain, Diesel Specialits lists a Blixxton module for the E7. If you don't think any of those would work you could always have someone custom tune it with a laptop.

:mack1:

those chips are all for the inline Bosch pump not the unit pumps that a Etech has he's just about played all of this cards other than a propane kit, high flow injectors turbo and tweak the engine profile

injectors give the biggest gains for this motor,

• 5 weeks later...

Well changed turbo and inj. today, rev'd much faster, jake stronger(22psi@ 1900) and felt like more power(no load), but when on test drive, was only gettn 28psi of boost again? so we checked air to air AND wouldnt you know it IT HAS A HOLE IN IT!! get a new air cooler, install it, AND would you know it.. AC condensor now leaks!! spend spend spend...that what the wife says its only money YEA RIGHT!