AB headlights and dog shredding paper brass plaques.

yarnall

I bought a 1922 AB and it is missing both of the brass plaques with the bulldog shredding the paper that says operating costs. I also would like to replace the headlights because they are not complete. I don't know how they work since it doesn't have a generator or a battery, but I would like something that looks better. While I am at it I could also use the linkage for the hand throttle and spark arrester that attach to be shaft on the bottom of the steering shaft. I also would like to replace the water pump. Please let me know what you have. Thanks. Mike, Boyertown, Pa.

• 4 weeks later...

I have in Virginia, a set of brass Grey and Davis lights from around 1919 or 1920 with the brass cradle brackets. The lens is 12 inches and the out side of the rim is another inch. main body is cup shaped. Screw latches, hinges and internals a in good condition and just need a touch of Brasso to shine up. I also have the Acetylene Generator unit (also brass) and brackets for the lights. No Copper lines though. The lights work, I ran propane through them. They lit and adjusted up, down and off. I'll snap a few pics when I go to Va on tuesday if you're interested.

The early plate I assume ?

mack_logo_1921.jpg

First Bull Dog Use on AB Name Plate 1921. AB AC Reproductions LTD

Some one was doing limited reproductions I can't lay my hands on the file right now.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I am told this truck came with electric lights even though it didn't come with a generator. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture anyway if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks. Mike

Take photos the middle of the week. If it has a magnet it may have powered the lights off that. Probably has / had a cut out switch. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE