The BMT Truckstop, Hellertown Pa.

1958 F.W.D.

The story I heard of what actually took place differs somewhat.

It seems Joe exited I-78 at Rt 61 and got lost trying to find Cabela's. After driving for a while he came upon a sign that read "Welcome to Hellertown, Home of the Detroit Diesel Fan Club". He then stopped by the firehouse where he was not only able to get directions back to the "big road", but was also invited to stay for dinner.

Halfway through his plate of mushrooms, he noticed that the chief was actually a pregnant sheep with human hands. On one hand was a ring with the letters "I.B. of T." on it. He was also wearing a T-shirt that read " Missing for 40 years and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt". Trying to make sense of all this he turned to the membership only to see that they were munchkins and wearing helmets made of tin foil. When the chief would address them, he referred to them not by name but by size and seemed concerned about what would happen if he made another trip to Disneyworld.

Here's where it gets weird. After dinner, he was forced to drive the fire truck around town, kidnapping redheaded women and denouncing the use of a two-stroke engine in medium and heavy duty truck applications.

Joe was finally able to escape. Now, several hours later, he still has difficulty discussing his ordeal. When asked about it, his only reply is "Truckin', what a loooong strange trip it's been".

That was some funny shit right there.

For the record:

• I just spat my iced tea all over the screen.
  • Four stroke Detroits are acceptable. What I learned to wrench on when I was an apprentice wrench turner at Jevic many, many years ago.
  • "The Plumbing" has been turned off. If SWMBO gets that 9-month disease again, someone has some 'splainin to do.....either her or the plumber.
  • Kidnapping is such a harsh word. Besides when you slip them enough rufies, they do whatever you want them to.

No doubt about that.

The BMT Truckstop had another asshole errrr ahhh I mean another distinguished visitor today. NoClueJoe stopped by. First we took the F.W.D. out for a spin (it's first time out since before xmas.....) and I had a momentary lapse of judgement and let him drive. After that I am convinced he really does have no clue. Then we fed him dinner. SWMBO said not to, something about ferals that keep coming back if you feed them.

attachicon.gifnoclue1.jpg

attachicon.gifnoclue2.jpg

attachicon.gifnoclue3.jpg

He had some help. I supplied the number and it went down hill from there

Ive never been part of the "IN CROWD" here on BMT and after reading this im thankful. WOW. I truck down Rt 61 a fair amount in the spring and summer, ill be keeping my doors locked form now on

The best advice I can give is that when travelling through the area Remain Seated At All Times!

• Like 2

Jim

Yes keep driving! i've never heard banjo music at the T.K. so i doubt if the NIT's listen to it. However Steve Martin and the boys from deliverance do! and you must ask yourself would Steve Martin be in Hellertown?????....... just saying!

• Like 2