Pictures of the Week

other dog

Holy Hamburgers! (other dog, 2011) Those coils were not blocked?! We haul them from time to time and the truck doesn't leave the shippers dock until the load is secured. Any time I've picked those up the shipper had plenty of dunnage and supplied either hammer and nails or a nail gun. Some will even block the load themselves. Did they at least put those little non-skid pads under the cleats? Making it all the way to VA truly says something about your driving skills. :twothumbsup: We had a few of those shift on a driver a few years back-on the Ohio Turnpike of all places!

In other business:

1. Being a guvmint agency, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the DEA would have that user name on their WiFi.

2. Cool pic from NL. PZ 1 is correct, it's an IH Rxxx. The Crackerbox however, has a setback steer axle which I don't believe were all that common.

Jim

I've loaded skidded coils in Butler, Pa. in a van before and they got up in there with a stack of short pieces of 2x4's and a nail gun and shot 9,863,004 nails in the floor to secure them. Took me half a day with a six foot crowbar to pull all the nails out of the floor....there's probably a few still in there.

Non-skid pads, or "jack-rocks" under the pallets?..well, of course they used those!............................................not.

The only thing holding them down was gravity.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Did you load those on Thursday? I thought that might have been you going north on 79 pulling a van. I was headed south in a red daycab Peterbilt pulling a load of black pipe. Saw you by the s bend just south of Neville Island. I was headed for West Virginia.

Did you load those on Thursday? I thought that might have been you going north on 79 pulling a van. I was headed south in a red daycab Peterbilt pulling a load of black pipe. Saw you by the s bend just south of Neville Island. I was headed for West Virginia.

I did. When I leave McKees Rocks I come back through McKees Rocks on 51 and get on 79 at the Neville Island exit, because of the construction on 51 south.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've loaded skidded coils in Butler, Pa. in a van before and they got up in there with a stack of short pieces of 2x4's and a nail gun and shot 9,863,004 nails in the floor to secure them. Took me half a day with a six foot crowbar to pull all the nails out of the floor....

They can be quite ambitious when someone else is doing the un-blocking.

if I dropped a trailer at a terminal with coils not secured there would be "27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" (Arlo Guthrie, 1967) followed by a "we'll have to talk" call from safety.

• Like 1

Jim