Timeline of Mack air ride suspension

r686st

I believe the first Mack I saw with the Mack adopted Hendrickson air ride was a '89 Superliner,my '88 is Neway.Neway goes way back into the '70's if not a little farther. Page & Page had an air ride set up that I've seen on an older Western R and I've seen another called Western air,which later ,I've been told but can't confirm,became Pete air leaf used on some older Hayward Macks.

• Like 1

I think Western Stabile-Aire became Freightliner Air-Liner,Mike. Although the 1st trucks I seen it offered on was the "Petercars" before they developed their Air Leaf. I have a Western Stabile-Air cut off that was on a '76 K-100 parts truck I cut up.It had been grafted on that truck from a Marmon. The rear axle/suspension is going on my Ford C-8000.How's that for an extended life?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think Western Stabile-Aire became Freightliner Air-Liner,Mike. Although the 1st trucks I seen it offered on was the "Petercars" before they developed their Air Leaf. I have a Western Stabile-Air cut off that was on a '76 K-100 parts truck I cut up.It had been grafted on that truck from a Marmon. The rear axle/suspension is going on my Ford C-8000.How's that for an extended life?

I knew it was something like that,Al.

I have a 72 RS700L with a V8 that has the Page & Page Dial-A-Ride, it has the 2 springs plus the 4 air bags, Mack rears, 3.86 gears. back in the 70s I new a guy that had a 69 I think RS700L that had a 318 Detroit 13 speed with the same suspension.

• Like 2

Superdog, Is there suppose to be a Torque rod or two between the two carriers in this picture? It does have the Traverse torque rods that go from each carrier to the frame. FYI: It's a RW with "Mack" air ride.

post-14068-0-95517900-1420422747_thumb.j