12v starter for B Mack

The starter you have is probably a MT42 which is 12/24 volt. Mine was dragging and I replaced it with a MT39. I searched for the thread that I posted but I guess BMT can only show results back to 2013.

Real easy to wire up to 12v comes with instructions, will probably have to change a couple cables lengths not a big deal. I think I paid $150 at the KW dealer. The one you have already installed on the truck if it is still working could be converted to 12V if you wanted.

BIGGEST ISSUE- Make sure you get 11 tooth starter. The guy I bought my truck from put in a 12 tooth and buggered up a couple ring gear teeth and I had to fix it with a file. PITA

http://delcoremy.com/Starter-Models/39MT-Heavy-Duty-Starter.aspx

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

pretty sure I put a 42mt on mine. works great with justtwo hot batteries. took my old one to a guy who sells starters alternators and generators and he gave me the 12 volt one. yup, make sure you have 11 teeth. I think a 39mt or 42 works. I think they both have the allenscrews in the back as youll most likely have to reclock the solenoid to miss something. might not have tp reclock it if the starter is on the bottom of the bell housing as apposed to the top.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The starter you have is probably a MT42 which is 12/24 volt. Mine was dragging and I replaced it with a MT39. I searched for the thread that I posted but I guess BMT can only show results back to 2013.

Real easy to wire up to 12v comes with instructions, will probably have to change a couple cables lengths not a big deal. I think I paid $150 at the KW dealer. The one you have already installed on the truck if it is still working could be converted to 12V if you wanted.

BIGGEST ISSUE- Make sure you get 11 tooth starter. The guy I bought my truck from put in a 12 tooth and buggered up a couple ring gear teeth and I had to fix it with a file. PITA

http://delcoremy.com/Starter-Models/39MT-Heavy-Duty-Starter.aspx

Robert,

It is in the Electrical, Electronics and Lighting Section of BMT dated Nov. 17th and 29th of 2012. Your Post.

mike

• Like 1