new fire truck

joes mack

Joe:

Congrats on your new Mack. Most Connecticut fire departments take good care of their apparatus so I assume that this engine is in great shape in spite of its age.

We haven't heard any news from Yocum Creek in a while; did you get the '87 Mack repaired and back in service? Good luck with the new one.

bulldogboy

the 87 is almost fully repaired I still have to paint her but she is still in service when we get the new engine 2 in service I will finish the 87 the new truck is a great addition to our fleet she might be a 76 model but she still pumps very well and drives great to make it from vals327s place to ours which is 895 miles

Joes Mack are you from Evarts, KY? My wife's sweet great aunt Gloria (Glorie) who passed last year was from Evarts. I travel through Harlan, Cawood, and Lynch to visit her kin when I'm on business up that way as often as I can. I grew up not 20 miles from Stamford CT where it appears this rig came from. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

• 2 weeks later...

There was a recent article in the "Stamford (CT) Advocate" that reported on the donation of the former Cromwell, CT Engine 9, a 1976 Mack "CF" pumper, to the

Yocum Creek Volunteer Fire department. Unfortunately, I can't get the link to attach here. It's a good story; congratulations to Don and Mark.

Joe, we're going to need photos of Engine 1 and Engine 2 together when they are both back in service.

bulldogboy

• Like 1