Pics of the day

leversole

Hey you were just a short trip over the border from where I'm at. The Historic Uniroyal tire along I 94 is a Motor City landmark. The story is that it was originally a ferries wheel for some kind of expo many years ago and was moved there and covered in an became the historic tire.

I heard the same story about the tire....ferris wheel (at a World's Fair?). I think it was originally a Goodyear tire and also it counted the number of cars built in Detroit since January 1 of that year.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Michigan log haulers get a "Log" plate (considered agriculture) that allows them to go over the 160,000lbs.,that the other common freight combinations can haul. It has come up several times in the state senate to reduce tractor trailers(trains),and straight trucks with pups to 80,000lbs gross.The measure has died every time it's brought up. The politicians just say,"they'll be twice as many trucks on Michigan highways", and that's usually all it takes! Great pics,nonetheless,Les!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA