Looks like a DM. Pretty cool taking a picture of an old Mack out of an old Mack!

I believe it actually had the "straight" frame of a U, not the "deep" frame of the DM. But, I did not stop and get up close and personal. If I can, I'll try to get a little closer to it later on. Maybe get a couple of more pics.

I thought you'd appreciate the view from one old truck to another!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Sorry it wasn't better. Trying to take a pic without looking! Speed is low there, at least.

Didn't get to stop in this evening for a closer look. Had an outside rear flatter'n a flitter when I left work. Had to swap one out. This one ain't on as pretty a wheel as the one I took off, though. Kinda' dirty-looking. Crap!

Here are some more pics. Definitely looks like a U...

Looks like a fairly serious front axle setup. Always liked the double-splined rear axles. Did not look under it to see if it was double-framed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

post-11199-0-89696000-1405600398_thumb.j

post-11199-0-52060400-1405600404_thumb.j

post-11199-0-91222900-1405600410_thumb.j

I just zoomed in on the picture, and i believe you are correct. The frame appears to deepen just behind the battery boxes. Young eyes, huh?

I'll try to get a closer look at it later today. that would explain the front axle...