Spinning Gearstick

Hi,

I have a gearstick that has come loose and is spinning. It is a R700 with a T2090 with bent stick.

I will be changing the box soon but need to be able to manouvre the truck until I am ready. Because of the bent stick, when the stick spins out of position, I can't get it in any gear toward the dash.

I can take the floor of the truck out easily. Is there a way to tighten the stick from outside the box or is this something that needs to be attacked from the inside?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

look underneath,is the stick bolted to a stub shaft on top of trans. or does it go directly into the transmission?

Thanks Superdog - I wasn't able to get back to the truck in daylight but had a look with a torch and I can't see any bolt. Seems to go straight in.

Any tips?

I have an 18sp Eaton ready to go in so will only try to fix this issue if it can be addressed from outside of the box. Just waiting for the Mack to Eaton bell housing but it would be helpful if I could manouvre the truck on its own steam until I get the new box installed.