R.E.D

So I finally got all the dash lights in the RD working and noticed the lightening bolt on with Code 1-7 , which should be low coolant level.After checking the coolant tank and refilling it the light still remains.I disconnected the low coolant sensor and used a wire to complete the circuit but light still on.There seems to be no voltage in the connector whatsoever and I have traced the cable and can see no damage to it.So now what?

Does this affect my engine performance?

96 rd688s

350hp

it won't derate the motor, but the shutdown indicator may come on. You can over ride the shutdown, but you may have a big problem doing that

check fuses/circuit breakers.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

all fuses look good and yes the shutdown light is on constantly ? I been working like that but it just bugs the crap out of me having the light lit.....AND YES I could disconnect the bulbs but ill know its still there..still bugs me...

Is the low coolant sensor float stuck? For that matter does it have a float?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If this is a vmac 2 setup pin A at sensor should have 5 volts pin B should go to ground . The 5 volts comes from J1A connector at vmac module this is connector all the way on rite pin F3 at module goes to pin A at sensor this is your 5 volt wire. Good Luck .

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, I've got the same problem on a 00 rd690 . I've replaced the sensor and also used a piece of wire and jumped the plug but the light and buzzer continue to stay on. Today i checked the voltage to the plug and have nothing. Also what do you mean by pin a and b ? Are you speaking of each wire?

I'm not up on vmac but if the shut down is like the older r mods both oil psi and coolant level will light the lamp. if ii understand the prior post the coolant sensor is a 2 wire connector one is ground the other should have 5 volts. so if you have no power you need to chase out that wire to find the problem ( busted, corroded, or shorted) if it checks out ok you would need to check the oil psi safety sw.

• Like 1

Actually I guess I should add that I also replaced the oil pressure sensor because the other day as soon as I started it I got the code 1-1 for low oil pressure and the truck kinda went into a rough idle , so I pressed the accelerator a bit as to keep it running and it leveled out and ran fine . After that the buzzer/ lights both went off . That was the only time it ever threw code 1-1 So we replaced both sensors to be safe, but now the truck still has the code 1-7 everyday . I will check the wires again , but I see no place they could be troubled as they are wrapped in loom and then run into the bigger harness .

• 2 weeks later...