Short wheelbase good or bad?

hossein

Hello!

Well I sure would like to know what the pros say here, too! As an engineer the first thing to say would be: Good for what? Short wheelbase could potentially make tighter turns possible. Longer wheelbase would probably make the rig more stable when going straight. Then again - longer frame means more weight you're carrying with you that you have to pay for. That's physics - but there are also regulations, so that also depends on where you're going to use the truck. Anyhow - welcome to the forums, and have a nice day

Paweł

Hello!

Well I sure would like to know what the pros say here, too! As an engineer the first thing to say would be: Good for what? Short wheelbase could potentially make tighter turns possible. Longer wheelbase would probably make the rig more stable when going straight. Then again - longer frame means more weight you're carrying with you that you have to pay for. That's physics - but there are also regulations, so that also depends on where you're going to use the truck. Anyhow - welcome to the forums, and have a nice day

Paweł

Thanks.

Are you engineer?

Everything depends on the application.

What/where do you plan to run?

Short is good for a lot of inner-city type stuff, but the ride can be rough

Long will give you a head ache in the city-but a smoother ride

Look at a set back front axle for tighter wheel cuts....and air ride

But go back to my first comment

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Short wb will ride like crap and turn on a dime, long wb will ride better, and turn like crap.....how's that?! LOL.

Alot will have to do with weight restrictions for your jurisdictions......

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I made my B from 150 to 206" and WOW.....what a difference. The air ride was just a drop in the bucket over the longer wheelbase. No more "bucky" ride due to short length.

To see those really short day cab COE single axles!! They make my head hurt just looking at them sitting still.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Although all Europe drive them.

And sometimes they go bobtailing.

I remember the funny story when a friend of mine was going to make a trip to his willage house about 100 km and had no car, only a truck at the moment. Yes, it was 15 years ago. That day was raining and he finally resolved to hook up a trailer to.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012