wont crank

My 2011 Granite (EPA2010 MP7 405-M) shut down on idle timer on site back in the winter and wouldn't start, farted around checking things out as best I could without tools in -20c, ended up having it towed back, turned out to be a small (14 or 16 ga) "trigger" wire had rubbed through on top of the tranny....one of the few spots I couldn't get at to check.....

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 3 weeks later...

you would think trash hauler that they would put a trap door between the seats to get at that area,,

You'd figure, but no. Even if they did the tower with the pump and roll off air controls would be on top of it.....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I had this same problem on a company truck, its a 2012 CXU. I got a hammer and tapped on the starter a couple of times and it started. If you have any problems like that call the 1 800 number for mack and a tech usually can offer advise on your problem

I had one of the small wires to the starter relay break inside the heat shrink tubing. It was one of the eyelet connectors to the small relay mounted on the starter.

The truck is a CXU 2013 and the wire was rotted and broken already.